Burnout Paradise

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by ackers, Nov 5, 2007.

Nov 5, 2007

Burnout Paradise by ackers at 10:56 PM (3,843 Views / 0 Likes) 48 replies

1. ackers
    OP

Member ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom

"Burnout Paradise proves that crashing is awesome! Next generation technology has enabled an unprecedented level of crash deformation allowing you to experience the most explosive pile-ups in the series’ history. Now the development team can realize their original vision for the Burnout franchise: an open world environment where you can do anything, anywhere, anytime. Feel the adrenaline course through your veins as you take to the road for the first time in Paradise City, where the action is all around you. Explore the city, discover events, and look for the best opportunities to crash, jump and pull signature takedowns. In Burnout Paradise you're given the keys to the city, but it's up to you to earn the keys to the meanest and most dangerous cars on the street, and earn your Burnout license."

[​IMG]

2. ackers
    OP

United Kingdom
    Edited. Please have your say about the game. And CrashFM is back with DJ Atomica!

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Code:
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/v/cv9AHSpCuLA[/youtube]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait for the game BTW

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
  5. ackers
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ahhh so that's why it wasn't working. I used a link from uk.youtube.com - looks like it only works for youtube.com links. Strange that...

And it's nice to see someone else who can't wait for this game!! I thought I was the only one from the thousands of members on this site who wanted it!

6. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    This game looks awesome!
    I won't be able to play it.

7. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    yet another reason to buy a 360 (or ps3) - you'll never see racing games like this on the wii. ever. unless it's by conspiracy entertainment.

8. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Looks a good game. I like the whole open idea. I wonder how many will actually bother with the racing [​IMG]

9. ackers
    OP

United Kingdom
    Lol yeah there is so much to do in Paradise City. I should have mentioned there will be ABSOLUTELY NO loading times what-so-ever except for when you put the game in for the first time. With no in-game menus, you are immediately in the drivers seat - it's up to you what you do. Even from the very start; there are no set paths; you are free - ala Freeburn. Since there are no in-game menus everything happens in real-time. How do you access Crash mode you ask? Well wherever you are, simply hold L2 and R2, and bam - you've just activated Crash mode where you can Crash and rack up your points wherever and whenever you please. To start a race you just pull up at some traffic lights and the area becomes your racing ground. Street names are used to tell you which location you are racing in. There's also stunt mode where you can perform barrel rolls and other stunts.

As for online, well if you are online, others also online will be in Paradise City on your screen. And if you happen to have PlayStation Eye or Xbox Live Vision Camera, a mugshot of your cursing face will be snapped up if you get taken out by your online rival and vice-versa.

This game is no yearly update. This is racing reinvented.

Can you see why I really want this game now? [​IMG]

10. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    man, will there be a playable demo for the ps3 too? i want to test this game with my dual shock 3 controller!

11. ackers
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yep [​IMG]

12. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    This is looking like a really interesting game. Typically I don't lean towards the racing genre, but as someone who just last week was wondering how the genre could be improved... it's good to see it evolve after all these years. I look forward to testing out this new free-roam style of racing.

13. ackers
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah this is what I mean. There's PGR4, Forza 2, FlatOut: UC, TDU which are all brilliant racing games and then there's Burnout Paradise which 'breaks racing conventions'. The genre just got a whole lot more interesting.

14. ssj4android

Member ssj4android GBAtemp Regular

I'm not sure if I'll like this Freeburn thing. I don't like getting lost in games.

15. ackers
    OP

United Kingdom
    You'd get to grips with Paradise eventually. It's not like the scale of GTA: SA(!)

For anyone interested, I set up an irc channel on rizon for Burnout fans. Join me on #Burnout. [​IMG]

Sorry for triple post but I just wanna say the Paradise demo came out today. Download it from PSN or Xbox Live and enjoy! But be warned, Xbox Silver memberships cannot download the demo atm [​IMG]

Post here what you think of it.

Edit: Posts merged together. Don't double and/or triple post. [​IMG] - Ace

16. AndreXL

Member AndreXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    Edit your previous posts if you want to add something...

17. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Ok, I played this demo 5 minutes ago. But it would not connect to the Paradise servers. Are the servers up yet? Has anyone else successfully got online with this?

18. ackers
    OP

United Kingdom
    There are videos on YouTube of ppl playing the game online. Not sure which platform tho.

19. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Duh, me and my habit of posting and THEN reading.

20. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Yeah I can't connect online either. I guess it's getting hammered. I'll try again in a couple of days.

It's pretty fun I guess. Not much to do in the demo though, I've only seen one race so far. Damage detail is amazing, the game looks and runs wonderfully. I'm just not sure if that game has much substance to it.