Burnout Paradise afterthoughts?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by VVoltz, Apr 25, 2008.

Apr 25, 2008

Burnout Paradise afterthoughts? by VVoltz at 6:01 AM (1,392 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    I just got it from Thumbmonkey's store (not to be confused with Bonemonkey's) for 30USD sine I had a promo code for 5 USD off, the drawback is that it comes without the case, but who cares, it says "new" as long as it works, it's fine.

Now, tell me good people, is the game any good?

The demo was fizzlin'! ( is there such word?), it was amazing!, and since I saw that there are going to be adding new stuff to it on the new DLC AND there are Bikes and nightime racing planned on the next one, I said: 'why the hell not?', do you think it was worth it?, is the retail game any good?

2. Marxian

Newcomer Marxian Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    It's a very good game, but quite different to the rest of the Burnout series. Kind of a sandbox racer, which is great if you like to just explore and try some crazy stunts, aswell as race. You need to go online to get the best out of it.

3. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    It would be great if it had crash mode. And the Ps3 version has much better graphics.

4. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Yeah, the demo felt totally different from the previous ones. I played Burnout since the second game, I particulary loved Dominator on the PSP, I'll bo giving my impressions later.

5. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Well, I've stopped playing for now. But it is an amazing game. As soon as the next update hits (the first one hit a few days ago) with custom soundtracks, I'm playing this game again. The update in august will totally rock with the bikes and nighttime as you already said. Also can't wait for the new island.

Best of all, it's all free. All hail Criterion! [​IMG]

6. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    once you learned the city by heart its GREAT!

7. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I'm playing since 4/25 and I'm really, really enjoying it! I love the ps2 versions and loving this one as well.

At first I though "wow... that's really a lot of stuff at the same time on it!", but that what makes it great when you see that you are learning and improving in the game.

I agree that one missing thing is the crash mode. So much fun!

8. Taziz

Member Taziz GBAtemp Regular

Lithuania
    I love this game but it has 1 drawback that you can't warp around the city for example if you lost a race you need to drive all the way back again to start the race

9. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil

Yeah, I miss that too!
    There should be some option to retry the challange.