Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I’m having an odd problem burning Wii iso’s.

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 110 v 1.23 and have never had any problems when burning Xbox360 iso’s, but for some reason every time I try and burn a Wii iso it results in a coaster
sleep.gif

Here is the odd problem, on my laptop Slimtype DVD A DS 8A1H WH66 burner I have no problems burning Wii iso’s or Xbox360 iso’s. All Wii iso’s burned from my laptop play on my wii. I get absolute success
huh.gif

I use the same exact method on both laptop and tower pc:
CloneCD at 4x speed, I’m using the same exact version on both laptop and tower pc.
Verbatim DVD+R
My OS for my laptop is Vista and the OS for the tower is Media Center Edition

Here where it gets even stranger, I have tried swapping out my Pioneer DVD-RW 110 v1.23 with another Pioneer DVD-RW 111D 1.23 and I get the same results. I’m able to burn Xbox360 iso’s with success and get nothing but failures with Wii iso’s. I’ve even tried updating the Pioneers firmware to version 1.29 and I get the same results
sad.gif

Sorry for the long winded post but I can’t seem to figure out why my laptop is having no problems burning Wii iso’s and my tower PC is. And my apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
wink.gif

*Edit* The title of the post is supposed to read Burning Wii Iso Problem! Pioneer DVR 111D burns Xbox360 successfully but fails with Wii iso's!

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I can think of is maybe the Verbatim DVD+R (they have funky comnpatibility with wii to begin with, at least most of +R format does) and maybe you're getting away with it with one burner, but the other burner might just not be cutting it with that format. Have you tried a DVD-R?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bobbarooskie said:
I have tried swapping out my Pioneer DVD-RW 110 v1.23 with another Pioneer DVD-RW 111D 1.23 and I get the same results. I’m able to burn Xbox360 iso’s with success and get nothing but failures with Wii iso’s.
Ok - this may come as a shock to you , but

THE WII IS NOT AN XBOX

read the guides - stop being a noob and use DVD-R discs

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i always used Verb DVD+R for all my wii/xb360/PS2 burning and ive only ever used a pioneer 110D and pioneer 111D

I use MediaCodeSpeedEdit to patch the firmware to booktype to DVD-ROM and use Imgburn to burn, but that shouldnt matter. Does your laptop dvd burner do -rom booktyping at all?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stev418 said:
i always used Verb DVD+R for all my wii/xb360/PS2 burning and ive only ever used a pioneer 110D and pioneer 111D

The wii drives vary in sensativity - though some wii's do play DVD+R , its been proven (by me testing in over 100 wii's) that DVD+R discs that play on some Wiis will not play on others with the exact same software installed - DVD+Rs are NOT reliable on a wii

Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Bobbarooskie said:
I have tried swapping out my Pioneer DVD-RW 110 v1.23 with another Pioneer DVD-RW 111D 1.23 and I get the same results. I’m able to burn Xbox360 iso’s with success and get nothing but failures with Wii iso’s.

THE WII IS NOT AN XBOX

I have read the guides, but I find it weird that DVD+R's work fine in my Wii when burned from my laptop burner and not from the pioneer.

codone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work, I use that same Pioneer drive, 106, 111, 112... ive used pioneer since the A02 (102)! They work perfectly.

I always use IMGBurn (the sequel to DVDdecrypter)...... get IMGBurn, its free... see if that works. I dont change any setting (booktype, etc). Just go to "write" mode on IMGburn. Select the ISO, then pick 4 or 8 speed (I always use 8x), and hit the burn icon. TIP, always verify, just to be sure your media is good.

Leeuwtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably your laptop burner sets booktype to DVD-ROM, therefor the backups work on you wii.
My wii is also picky about +R's and i have the exact same problem, only that i get bad ones on my laptop and good ones (with dvd-rom booktype) on my PC.

Either just buy -R (which will work regardlessly of the booktype) or just burn on your laptop
smile.gif

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bobbarooskie said:
djtaz said:
Bobbarooskie said:

THE WII IS NOT AN XBOX

I have read the guides, but I find it weird that DVD+R's work fine in my Wii when burned from my laptop burner and not from the pioneer.

Like I said, you could be JUST lucking out getting away with using DVD+R to begin with, but then switching up the drive AND using a sketchy format that the wii has issues with could be your compound problem. The Drives and Disc format might not be a big issue but when put together they might.

Humor us and yourself and try a DVD-R disc and see if it eliminates your problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.