Burning Video Files on a DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Nero, Jan 28, 2008.

Jan 28, 2008

Burning Video Files on a DVD by Nero at 6:54 AM (1,165 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Nero
    OP

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Yeah.. So I want to do this to make teh Pirate Collection.
    Like say, my (I Am Legend.avi), and I burn it onto a DVD with Nero. Will it play in a DVD player?

I asked my brother and he said it wouldn't work with some additional shit.
    But I dunno.. If it works with music, I assume it would work for videos too.

Please explain. [​IMG]
    (No I am not going to resell them.. That is so wrong! [​IMG] )

~Nero

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    There will be a specific setting for this. Like "Video DVD", or something similiar-sounding.

3. .::5pYd3r::.

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia
    Convertxtodvd (google) is much better at converting video files to dvd than nero so i suggest using that instead.

4. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Well If you have a divx/xvid dvd player then yes you can burn em as data cd/dvd and t would play. If not then use ConverXtoDVD or Nero Vison Express to make it into a DVD

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I assume your player does not have any mpeg4 capabilities and you have no console with ability to play it (modded xbox is the usual one here).

Nero: I used its conversion tool several years ago but decided it was rubbish.

Now I use FAVC http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=106677 or http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/ .
    It acts as a frontend to some of the most respected freeware video tools around (I dare say as good in quality to anything in the sane commercial range (maybe if you pay several thousand you can come back but until then...) and maybe 10% slower for some things versus the commercial offerings) can take just about everything as input (basically if you can play it back then you can put it in this) and can make menus for up to 8 titles.
    On the advanced menu (the rightmost tab) select use directshowsource instead of AVIsource, add ensurevbrmp3sync() to the second box down and trim(100,0) below it.