Burning Sega Saturn problems

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Harsky, May 12, 2008.

May 12, 2008

Burning Sega Saturn problems by Harsky at 9:29 PM (3,859 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I've decided to get into burning Saturn ISO since I modded my Saturn. I read a couple of guides since some are in the ISO and MP3 format but that's where I start to get into problems.

I converted the music files into WAV and used Sega Cue Maker to remake the cue file and then burned it. At this point, it runs perfectly but the music is absolutely terrible with nothing but static.

I made sure the WAV is converted to the correct frequency as mentioned in some guides but I still can't get the sound to work properly.

2. Tripp

Member Tripp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've never done it but...

Have you tried playing the wave files before burning, do they sound allright?

If yes then...

Burn slower, better media, use ImgBurn with verification turned on for burning software.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Hope this helps... [​IMG]

3. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Yeah, it sounds okay. I guess it could be my CD-R since when I try to burn the CUE file with Alcohol 120%, the only lowest speed is 8X. Is there anything where I can force it to burn it at a lower speed?

4. Tripp

Member Tripp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry for the slow reply I was at lunch...

Try using imgburn to burn slower if that does not work then using imgburn try faster. I used to use Alcohol 120% but, I've found ImgBurn to give better results and it's free.

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    8x speed is fine for burning Saturn games, it's the speed what most of mine have been done at over the last year and I've never had any problems.

6. BioHazardN00B

Newcomer BioHazardN00B Advanced Member

United States
    I am having problems with my cue maker may you pm me latest Version,Thanks
    And Harsky I sadly dont know what to tell you. I never actually burn my sega saturn disks i just use daemon tools [​IMG]P