OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
I'm getting a PS1 game, is it possible to burn it on a DVD or it SHOULD be on a CD? and what program u suggest to burn and which speed/

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AFAIK it won't work, same goes for the other question you asked 2 minutes before this one in a different thread.
lecture.gif

They have to be burnt to a CD and at a lower speed as possible preferably but I get away with it at 16x.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I usually burn them on a CD. Most of them are small enough to fit in a CD, so I don't wanna waste DVD's. However, you do know that you will need some form of playing the PS1 backups, right? And Swap Magic won't do it either...

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
However, you do know that you will need some form of playing the PS1 backups, right? And Swap Magic won't do it either...

I always just use a Playstation emulator on my PC. As far as I can tell, the emulators are pretty much perfect already and you don't need a super fast computer to run them. And since the emulator can run iso images, you can potentially put a few PS1 games on a dvd and load them that way. I prefer to keep them on my hard drive though, so they load as fast as possible. Unlimited memory card space and save states are a nice bonus too.

I know that may not be the desired solution to this particular issue, but the emulator still seems way simpler than trying all the various swap methods or exploits to get a PS1 backup working on a PS2.

And just in case, I am talking about PS1 emulators like ePSXe, not PS2 emulators, which do require a super computer to run at halfway decent speeds.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS2 will only read PSone off CD because it doesn't emulate it, the hardware won't be able to understand what to do with PSone data on a DVD-R. It's not like a wii where the data was already stored on a DVD to begin with so you can use whatever size of disc u want.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i dont think PS2 emulates the PS1.
i think it has the proper hardware for it, since there is no slowdown in anygame and has the bios, something like GBA in DS, where there is no emulation there.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
SLIM PS2 and bigger ones do not differ in PS1 playing as i know of.
----

is it possible to burn 4 disk games like Legend of Dragoon on one dvd and put all datas in root? like copying all them in one folder?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The restriction is BIOS + security checks + media. Every type of media has an indicator on it. ALL PS1 GAMES WERE ON CDs. So, the BIOS will check to see if the media matches first then it'll read an indicator as to whether the game is a PS1 or PS2 CD game, then it will probably switch the read type (PS2 to PS1) then go through a security check.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No! Did you read everything I said? There's more than just security checks, there's a media check, something you can't get around. You know what, go ahead and burn those PS1 games onto a DVD. I don't know why you keep asking as if it's possible after we've told you can't do it. Try out and waste a DVD.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
SLIM PS2 and bigger ones do not differ in PS1 playing as i know of.
----

is it possible to burn 4 disk games like Legend of Dragoon on one dvd and put all datas in root? like copying all them in one folder?

That's wrong. The Slim PS2 does not have PS1 Hard ware, unlike the Fat PS2 so it has limited PS1 BC.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't backup PS1 game onto a DVD and play off a DVD. Not possible, be it one game or 20 games.

This is true but so is the complete opposite. There have been releases of 6 PSX games on one CD with a custom menu and there are rip packs for PS2 games to be burnt onto CD. I believe they got rid of DVD-ROM checks on a couple of the rip packs so I'd imagine the PSX will check media type like Jiggah stated. Just tossing in something that is totally OT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a