Homebrew Burning Movies for the wii?

Metathesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here

I have a question that I can't seem to find on google or anything... yes, I've done my searching

Everyone talks about burning backup games to DVDs, and how the wii tends to be picky. I only have DVD+Rs and my backups won't work... they always get read errors and it asks me to consult the help manual, etc. I've changed the booktype to DVD-ROM, but that hasn't worked...

But that's not the point. The thing is I want to use my wii as a DVD player because it's convieniently hooked up to my big TV... but will that work? Is the wii more lenient towards disc errors in movies rather games? Or will it also give me a read error and not play at all?

Also, the wii CAN read DVD+Rs when playing movies, right? Will MPlayer be able to play the movie? And importantly, do I still need to change the booktype to -ROM???

Thanks if anyone can answer these questions

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have about 80 disc with various stuff for the wii............there are 7 brands of different dvd's, and they consist of backups, dvd movies, and avi data disc. They are -r AND +r I pretty sure that its not the wii...........its the burner. I have a burner thats in a dell and only a month old. I burn everything at 4X just in case, but 3 I tried at 8X and they work fine too. And this all has been tested on two different Wii's ...one old, one new.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd suggest getting a bigger thumbdrive, eg. 8Gb or 16Gb to store your movies. Transfering movies is a lot easier than burning DVD's. Especially if you're having trouble with DVD's.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, just install the homebrew channel, install geexbox or mplayer-ce and hook up a USB drive and load it ful of .avi's. Much easier than burning discs and always having to swap out discs. my USB HDD is loaded with TV shows and movies that I play through my wii, only ever needing to disconnect the HDD to load on more software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Grave shovel