Gaming Burning Metroid Prime Trilogy on mac

vertex67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched and read through several topics on these forums, but I still can't get it to work.
I am using memorex dvd+r dl (all my store had), burning with osx360 2.4x. I set the correct layer break, and I know my superdrive can burn DL.

When I insert the disc into the wii, my entire wii just freezes instantly, no error or black screens, just a freeze.

What could cause this? IF I start the wii with the disc already in the console, it will freeze before it even loads the wii menu.

I have tried twice, and now I have 2 very expensive coasters.

I have a wiinja deluxe chip in my USA wii, i mention this because I heard from another topic that Wiinja needs some special treatment with DL dvds, but I dont know if this is true.

I suspect its more than just bad media or something, because It is just freezing my wii before I even try to play the disc...

please help?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using DVD+R media, you typically need to set the booktype to DVD-ROM for the Wii. However, I don't know how to do it in that software.

vertex67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work, I just downloaded imgburn and ran it in windows via parallels, it didnt recognize my mac's dvd drive but it still let me burn and the game runs fine. Thanks for the help

I suppose the osx360 just doesnt work for wii games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1