Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
got its ISO, since its less than 700mg:

1- its better to burn it into CDs or DVDs?

2- i burned it once on a CD+RW and a DVD+R but loading times was so long, what was the problem? i burned it with Nero (not ~Nero) and i think with 2x or something.

thnx.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
A couple things:
1). The PAL version is actually over 700mb so you need a DVD if you wanna play that version (it has some nice little extras not available in the NTSC version). The NTSC version can be recorded on a CD. As for which media is preferred by your PS2, I do not know. It shouldn't matter as far as I'm concerned.
2). Always try and burn games at the LOWEST speed your CD/DVD recorder allows. This apparently improves loading times and it extends your optical unit's life span.
3). Please BUY this game. It's just my personal opinion but I think this game is a masterpiece. I'm sure you can find it brand new for less than 30 dollars. If you live in Japan, like the little flag under your nick suggests, I'm sure it's probably cheaper there.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx for ur answers.

1)my version has both NTSC and PAL options, i can chose from but its loading times is soooooooooooo long, i was after someway to fix this since i donno its my bad media or burning drive.

2) thnx for that, i heard 2x and 4x are better than 1x though, i have no opinion.

3) i cant buy it and i dont live in Japan, where i live, you cant buy stuff from internet and i cant download any other versions too.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a must buy game along with shadow of the colossus

burn it to dvd at lowest speed possible on the media. if your media's lowest speed is 4x, you can't force burn it at 1x

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've never even heard of ICO, but some games will only work when burned on to DVD's, so you might want to consider that.

You never heard of ICO? I think it's one of the best titles on the PS2 - I think it was also one of the earliest games released too. Check it out if you like adventure games.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hm, really? I know where to get it from, it just didn't look very good. I will try it, though!

Sorry for off-topicness >__> If I were you, I'd burn it at max speed. I've burned about 16 or so games a 16x speed using DVD Decypter. Haven't had a single problem, and it burns them in like 5 minutes.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've never even heard of ICO, but some games will only work when burned on to DVD's, so you might want to consider that.

You never heard of ICO? I think it's one of the best titles on the PS2 - I think it was also one of the earliest games released too. Check it out if you like adventure games.

ICO is not that new but if you liked it you should try Shadow of the Collosus. Its the prequel-sequel(as in, its the prequel in terms of story but it was released after it.)
The whole game felt so .. epic.
The ending was great too. A bit sad but absolutely brilliant.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno how people play shadow of the colossus. Loved ico , but damn the framerate on shadow of the colossus is terrible , makes you want to tear your eyes out. Shame really , totally ruined it for me , should of saved it for ps3 , or at least sorted the framerate before release.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why oh WHY did this game have to be mentioned today!!?? Yesterday, I wanted to play some more, but first wanted to take off the stupid rental sticker that was on my disc (bought used)... anyway, I ripped off half of the ACTUAL sticker for the cd, so now it's busted. So looks like I'll be re-buying this great game, because I have to play it.
frown.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno how people play shadow of the colossus. Loved ico , but damn the framerate on shadow of the colossus is terrible , makes you want to tear your eyes out. Shame really , totally ruined it for me , should of saved it for ps3 , or at least sorted the framerate before release.

Didn't notice any framerate issues...
I have a slimline ps2 btw.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Didn't notice any framerate issues...
I have a slimline ps2 btw.

Slimline and a old phat ps2. Same on both , maybe I'm just picky , but to me it was terrible. Can even see it slowing down on some videos for the game.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well I took it as a game that was pushing the age old PS2, it was grand in vision and scale, and yes the framerate took a hit now and again, but I got used to it and much to my pleasure it was worth it. It was smooth, still, for the most part.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait... so ICO is the story AFTER SotC?

Yeah.

As you can see the witch is rounding up kids with horns so she can take over the power within them
SotC basically explains where the horns came from.
The main character has to destroy collosus to release the Gods(yes, plural) power which had been sealed away.
He then becomes infused with the power of the gods as he progresses to complete his goal, which was to ressurect some girl.
At the end of the game the priests which had originally sealed away the gods came again but this time because the character was infused with them, something went wrong and the process left a small baby with horns.
The girl finds the baby, presumably raises it so it leaves the area in which the are trapped and has kids with horns.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's very LOOSELY connected with Ico. SotC was a spiritual successor to Ico, and set before Ico, but released after it. It was only later that the producer stated that they were loosely connected, prior to that he said they weren't connected except for being set in the same world. SotC is not a true prequel, and Ico will have a proper sequel on Ps3 from what I've read

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...