burning ICO.

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by test84, Dec 5, 2007.

Dec 5, 2007

burning ICO. by test84 at 1:10 PM (1,573 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,
    got its ISO, since its less than 700mg:

1- its better to burn it into CDs or DVDs?

2- i burned it once on a CD+RW and a DVD+R but loading times was so long, what was the problem? i burned it with Nero (not ~Nero) and i think with 2x or something.

thnx.

2. kernelPANIC

Member kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    A couple things:
    1). The PAL version is actually over 700mb so you need a DVD if you wanna play that version (it has some nice little extras not available in the NTSC version). The NTSC version can be recorded on a CD. As for which media is preferred by your PS2, I do not know. It shouldn't matter as far as I'm concerned.
    2). Always try and burn games at the LOWEST speed your CD/DVD recorder allows. This apparently improves loading times and it extends your optical unit's life span.
    3). Please BUY this game. It's just my personal opinion but I think this game is a masterpiece. I'm sure you can find it brand new for less than 30 dollars. If you live in Japan, like the little flag under your nick suggests, I'm sure it's probably cheaper there.

3. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    thnx for ur answers.

1)my version has both NTSC and PAL options, i can chose from but its loading times is soooooooooooo long, i was after someway to fix this since i donno its my bad media or burning drive.

2) thnx for that, i heard 2x and 4x are better than 1x though, i have no opinion.

3) i cant buy it and i dont live in Japan, where i live, you cant buy stuff from internet and i cant download any other versions too.

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Well, I've never even heard of ICO, but some games will only work when burned on to DVD's, so you might want to consider that.

5. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    a must buy game along with shadow of the colossus

burn it to dvd at lowest speed possible on the media. if your media's lowest speed is 4x, you can't force burn it at 1x

6. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    You never heard of ICO? I think it's one of the best titles on the PS2 - I think it was also one of the earliest games released too. Check it out if you like adventure games.

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Hm, really? I know where to get it from, it just didn't look very good. I will try it, though!

Sorry for off-topicness >__> If I were you, I'd burn it at max speed. I've burned about 16 or so games a 16x speed using DVD Decypter. Haven't had a single problem, and it burns them in like 5 minutes.

8. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    ICO is not that new but if you liked it you should try Shadow of the Collosus. Its the prequel-sequel(as in, its the prequel in terms of story but it was released after it.)
    The whole game felt so .. epic.
    The ending was great too. A bit sad but absolutely brilliant.

9. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Dunno how people play shadow of the colossus. Loved ico , but damn the framerate on shadow of the colossus is terrible , makes you want to tear your eyes out. Shame really , totally ruined it for me , should of saved it for ps3 , or at least sorted the framerate before release.

10. blueskies

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why oh WHY did this game have to be mentioned today!!?? Yesterday, I wanted to play some more, but first wanted to take off the stupid rental sticker that was on my disc (bought used)... anyway, I ripped off half of the ACTUAL sticker for the cd, so now it's busted. So looks like I'll be re-buying this great game, because I have to play it. [​IMG]

11. xcalibur

United Kingdom
    Didn't notice any framerate issues...
    I have a slimline ps2 btw.

12. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    no framerate issues here either, ran smooth for me, epic game though

13. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Slimline and a old phat ps2. Same on both , maybe I'm just picky , but to me it was terrible. Can even see it slowing down on some videos for the game.

14. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    well I took it as a game that was pushing the age old PS2, it was grand in vision and scale, and yes the framerate took a hit now and again, but I got used to it and much to my pleasure it was worth it. It was smooth, still, for the most part.

15. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Wait... so ICO is the story AFTER SotC?

16. xcalibur

United Kingdom
    Yeah.

As you can see the witch is rounding up kids with horns so she can take over the power within them
    SotC basically explains where the horns came from.
    The main character has to destroy collosus to release the Gods(yes, plural) power which had been sealed away.
    He then becomes infused with the power of the gods as he progresses to complete his goal, which was to ressurect some girl.
    At the end of the game the priests which had originally sealed away the gods came again but this time because the character was infused with them, something went wrong and the process left a small baby with horns.
    The girl finds the baby, presumably raises it so it leaves the area in which the are trapped and has kids with horns.

17. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    it's very LOOSELY connected with Ico. SotC was a spiritual successor to Ico, and set before Ico, but released after it. It was only later that the producer stated that they were loosely connected, prior to that he said they weren't connected except for being set in the same world. SotC is not a true prequel, and Ico will have a proper sequel on Ps3 from what I've read