Hacking Burning at slowest speed (3.3) bad?

MagicDrumSticks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 16X verbatims and have some Toshiba-Samsung drive on the hp dv5t (if anyone else has this combo let me know)

So I hear burning at slow speeds is BAD now? What the hell? How do I test to see which is the best speed?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burn at max speed all the time, if they wernt ment to burn at 16X there wouldn't be 16X burners.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*sigh*

seriously - how many more are going to ask this ?

Its a personal thing based on the discs you have , the drive you have , the software and the power of your PC

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT

and this question has been asked 100's of times - next time use SEARCH

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following advice from others, I used Verbatim DVD-R, and burned at 4x speed. I never had a problem with any of the games playing. I tested a game that I already had backed up at maximum write speed, and it wouldn't play (black screen). Everyone's experience and advice seems to differ, but I simply stuck to what worked for me, since I didn't want to make a thousand coasters. The funny thing is, I had just bought a new spindle of Verbatim DVD-R about four days before USB Loader launched. I don't even use the discs now, except for the handful of titles that don't work on USB yet.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I always recommend to use half max speed nowadays. That's a rule that works for both new and old burners and gives good results, but maybe not the best. (which you get at 1x with VERY OLD burners, 1st gen, and at 16X with "new" burners, 2 years or less old)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will add here though if your computer hasn't got a lot of system memory or your using a load of memory intensive programs you still may get issues trying to burn at max speeds purely because the hard drive cannot stream the data fast enough to the burner to burn the data to the disk!

4x is usually enough for most people ... although as above some people have success at 16x
smile.gif

But will add here if you buy Cheap A$$ high speed media expect to have some problems ..rule of the thumb is find a good media that's reliable at a certain speed with your burner and stick with it
smile.gif

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all depends on your meadia and burner.

If I burn on max, I get a lot of movies skipping and a lot of bad disks, where my Wii can't read them.

When I burn at 6X (even though my media is 18X), I get perfect discs, that don't stop mid game or skip on movies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1