Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Usually I just load up imgburn which can be downloaded for free, open the ISO and burn it at the speed that the media can handle or maximum of the burner. My burner only writes at 2.4x so I use that.

You'd save a lot of DL and such if you softmod and load your games from hard drive through cfgusbloader though. A disc never makes it into my Wii's drive any more. I got sick of all the bad burns and slow read speed of games as well as games needing exponential amounts of cracks due to being run from the optical drive. You don't have to worry about any of this nonsense if you play your games from USB hard drive.

Guy.brush

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
As amptor said, use ImgBurn, but don´t forget to set the layer break:

In ImgBurn under Tools->Settings->Write-> in the upper right under Layer Break choose "user specified" and enter 2084960

And yeah, get yourself a HDD. It´s so much more convenient. My Wii has 1TB
yaywii.gif

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Burning a DL DVD is no different from burning a normal DVD, except the layerbreak option Guy.brush mentioned.

But yea, HDD ftw
tongue.gif
. Who can be arsed to get up and switch disc whenever you want to play something else? lol
biggrin.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh yea if you are burning something special like an xbox360 or ps2 backup you have to make sure to set the appropriate layerbreak otherwise the game won't work. for pc and movies I think this part probably doesn't matter.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
amptor said:
for pc and movies I think this part probably doesn't matter.

Correct, a PC dvd have a lot more "tools" (lack of better word) built-in to read DL DVDs, not to mention the OS itself. Some cheap TV DVD players might have some issue with reading DL though, but Im fairly sure they are rare nowadays.

QUOTE(DeMoN @ Oct 4 2011, 05:50 AM) If I didn't do the layer break thing what will happen? I started playing already and it worked fine so far.

It will probably fail to continue reading once you reach the part where it switches layer. Im not sure tbh, I havnt used discs in like 5 years lol (at all).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.