Burning 360 and original Xbox games

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!
I had a question about burning Xbox games. will burned original Xbox games work on Xbox 360? Has anyone ever tried this?
I did it once, I burned the game to a dual layer DVD and the 360 did read it how ever it was stuck on the white Xbox screen.
Any solutions?

Last edited by AATHENINJA206,

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, that's what you normally do with a flashed, nonrgh console. I don't think it would freeze on the xbox splash screen if it were a flashed drive problem. I don't think you'd even make it that far. it will freeze if the compatibility files are missing. do you have an internal hard drive?
Yes I do.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulator contains udata and tdata, so dlc should work iirc. I was able to install all these dlc packs designed for the original Xbox, except one, and they worked, I think. Dlc for original Xbox goes in one of those folders and I think saves, the other or something.

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update:
Hello everyone.
So I burned an ISO file of an original Xbox game onto a dual layer DVD and when I put it in my 360 it says play DVD. And when you press A, it loads the Xbox animation you get when you insert an Xbox game into your PC or another console. What should I do?
I have all the compatibility files on my HDD.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update:
Hello everyone.
So I burned an ISO file of an original Xbox game onto a dual layer DVD and when I put it in my 360 it says play DVD. And when you press A, it loads the Xbox animation you get when you insert an Xbox game into your PC or another console. What should I do?
Update 2: I burned the XISO of another game and it did load but I get this error:
"The region code for this game does not match your console's region code. Please insert a game with the correct region code."

X: 5832.0. B: 1884.0

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
Hello everyone.
the xbox splash screen should flash once, which means the compatibility files are being detected. did you enabled hddx? you can't just transfer them over, you have to enable hddx first.

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the xbox splash screen should flash once, which means the compatibility files are being detected. did you enabled hddx? you can't just transfer them over, you have to enable hddx first.
It does flash but then it loads the Xbox DVD animation.
I tried with another game, it loads but it gives me this error:
"The region code for this game does not match your console's region code. Please insert a game with the correct region code."

X: 5832.0. B: 1884.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: