Burner that will backup 360 DVDs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by ZombiePosessor, Jun 10, 2008.

Jun 10, 2008
  1. ZombiePosessor

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    West Virginia
    United States
    I've read around about Pioneers and some Samsung SATA DVD burners, but the ones that you can hack w/ custom firmware and the like, don't seem to be made anymore. Is ebay my only option for these drives? Is there a current drive on the market that will backup 360 DVDs? I've searched and searched, but can't find anything that is supposed to work other than the Pioneer DVRs that aren't sold on newegg, tigerdirect, or amazon anymore. Any help? I would like to know if this burner, a Pioneer DVR-215DBK would work in backing up my games. I haven't been able to find any helpful info on it other that some people have been buying it on forums and such.
  2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    If you're talking about backing up from an original disc , then either the samsung or benq from the xbox itself are capable of doing it
    Also both the samsung sh-d162C and 163A can do it when flashed with the kreon firmware , but they aren't made anymore. The replacements for them the sh-d162B and 162D also have the kreon firmware available for them and they are still made and readily available.

There is no hacked firmware for burners , you want to back up an original disc , it's either the drive from the xbox itself or one of the kreon drives.

If you want to make a copy from a backup or burn a downloaded image , then any decent burner will do.