OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to burn an original Xbox game to play on my 360 when my hard drive comes in the mail, but I've heard its not safe to play burned original Xbox games on LIVE with LT or LT+. Can anyone confirm this?

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
1. no not safe at all
2. they wont work anyways the only way you can play a xbox game is with old xtreme 5.3 firmware which wont work anyway beacsue it's not for liteon or with a jtag 360.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CJL18 said:
1. no not safe at all
2. they wont work anyways the only way you can play a xbox game is with old xtreme 5.3 firmware which wont work anyway beacsue it's not for liteon or with a jtag 360.
blahj.png

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
CJL18 said:
1. no not safe at all
blahj.png

i stand corrected then, but i do know they are not safte for xbox live at all c4 already said there not

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always heard that they weren't safe either. Not positive though. But I also heard a few times that Xbox backups (not sure about originals) on LT+ load up as a dvd video and does not work.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC Xbox original games only work if they're changed somehow from their original form to the same 360 format (inside the .iso). I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read that somewhere. So i's not safe on LIVE as it's not a 1:1 copy of the game.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I played a back up of MvC2 a few years back and it showed up as a mixed media disc. I hade to reburn it and change it in the burning software to burn the game to the second layer of the DVD+Rdl then in could play it. My 360 has not been banned yet.

Edit: I just sent you a pm fudgenuts with 2 links to some tutorials on ripping and burning xbox originals for use on a 360. I would have posted the links in here but I'm not sure what all else is on that site that may or may not be against the rules.

JB Yemothy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to bring up an old post, but I am not having any luck after searching for quite a while for solutions. I burned an ISO of Spongebob BFBB (Battle for Bikini Bottom). When I pop it in my console it says on the dashboard "Play Spongebob Squarepants," although when I try to boot the game it give me the White Xbox screen; then doesnt work. It says error X:5829.0 B:1884.0, which if you go to the official Xbox site, they just say that the game might not be on the compatible list or that my console needs to get an update. The game is on the list and my console if updated to the fullest and will play retail original Xbox games. If anyone has any Ideas, please lemme know.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Second post. Are you on an extremely old version of Xtreme firmware? They stopped Xbox Original backup booting on newer flashed firmware.

SB:BFBB is a compatible Xbox Original game so it should work. If not and you didn't do the above then I haven't a clue what the issue is.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
First of all, fix your font colours.
It's unreadable on the dark theme :c

Second.
Did you "mulleted" it to 7.5~ GB?
Then it might work, bare Xbox backups haven't worked since iXtreme 1.0 iirc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1