Burned original Xbox games for play on the 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Fudge, Dec 10, 2010.

Dec 10, 2010
  1. Fudge
    OP

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    I want to burn an original Xbox game to play on my 360 when my hard drive comes in the mail, but I've heard its not safe to play burned original Xbox games on LIVE with LT or LT+. Can anyone confirm this?

2. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    1. no not safe at all
    2. they wont work anyways the only way you can play a xbox game is with old xtreme 5.3 firmware which wont work anyway beacsue it's not for liteon or with a jtag 360.

3. Fudge
    OP

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    [​IMG]

4. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

i stand corrected then, but i do know they are not safte for xbox live at all c4 already said there not

5. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I always heard that they weren't safe either. Not positive though. But I also heard a few times that Xbox backups (not sure about originals) on LT+ load up as a dvd video and does not work.

6. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    IIRC Xbox original games only work if they're changed somehow from their original form to the same 360 format (inside the .iso). I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read that somewhere. So i's not safe on LIVE as it's not a 1:1 copy of the game.

7. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    I played a back up of MvC2 a few years back and it showed up as a mixed media disc. I hade to reburn it and change it in the burning software to burn the game to the second layer of the DVD+Rdl then in could play it. My 360 has not been banned yet.

Edit: I just sent you a pm fudgenuts with 2 links to some tutorials on ripping and burning xbox originals for use on a 360. I would have posted the links in here but I'm not sure what all else is on that site that may or may not be against the rules.

8. JB Yemothy

Newcomer JB Yemothy Newbie

United States
    Not to bring up an old post, but I am not having any luck after searching for quite a while for solutions. I burned an ISO of Spongebob BFBB (Battle for Bikini Bottom). When I pop it in my console it says on the dashboard "Play Spongebob Squarepants," although when I try to boot the game it give me the White Xbox screen; then doesnt work. It says error X:5829.0 B:1884.0, which if you go to the official Xbox site, they just say that the game might not be on the compatible list or that my console needs to get an update. The game is on the list and my console if updated to the fullest and will play retail original Xbox games. If anyone has any Ideas, please lemme know.

9. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Second post. Are you on an extremely old version of Xtreme firmware? They stopped Xbox Original backup booting on newer flashed firmware.

SB:BFBB is a compatible Xbox Original game so it should work. If not and you didn't do the above then I haven't a clue what the issue is.

10. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    First of all, fix your font colours.
    It's unreadable on the dark theme :c

Second.
    Did you "mulleted" it to 7.5~ GB?
    Then it might work, bare Xbox backups haven't worked since iXtreme 1.0 iirc.