Homebrew Burn2Slot - Re-programm GBA bootlegs on DS

neko555

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Would it be possible to create a tool to extract and inject savegames? I have several emulator-finished games that I would like to inject into cartridges.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just remembered this existed when I stuck my flashcart in my phat DS. Always liked seeing consumer-grade technology doing the sorts of things usually reserved for professional-grade.

Reactions: cearp

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Was trying to flash on this chip but it errors out with UNKNOWN
285277277_691444838815073_1979661049508854411_n.jpg

If possible, it would be nice that you add support for it :D

Marcio992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi.

Yesterday i sucessfuly flashed a Pokemon Ruby copy from Aliexpress i don't know if that information contributes on the development but.. it has a Spansion S29GL128N10TFI01 and a ISSI IS62LV1024LL-70Q chip on it i don't know wich of those is the flash memory (guess it's the Spansion one). I "replaced" the pokemon rom with a metroid fusion one though i had to patch it to save without battery. Im just saying this because when reading the thread i saw some people were having problems with saving and trying to patch your roms so.. there's a small repository of Batteryless IPS Files here: https://github.com/acocalypso/batteryless-patches
Hope this helps someone.

Here's some pics i took from imgur of the reflashed board

Thanks VROdin in advance for developing that homebrew that helped me a lot! hope the information i posted here be useful to someone and sorry if i did some typos cause english is not my native language :)

Last edited by Marcio992,

Marcio992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did anyone have any luck with this approach? Repros I've dumped won't burn back, and won't open in emulators.
If the Aliexpress repro producers are able to save patch the roms so easily it must be a relatively simple procedure

Hello.

You need to Baterryless patch you rom before flash it on the cartridge otherwise will not save. in acocalypso github on batteryless-patches you can find some IPS Files to inject on your rom to make it Batteryless and consequently save sucessfuly.
You can inject the IPS Patch online trough Rom Patcher JS (it's attached on github topic).

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi.

Yesterday i sucessfuly flashed a Pokemon Ruby copy from Aliexpress i don't know if that information contributes on the development but.. it has a Spansion S29GL128N10TFI01 and a ISSI IS62LV1024LL-70Q chip on it i don't know wich of those is the flash memory (guess it's the Spansion one). I "replaced" the pokemon rom with a metroid fusion one though i had to patch it to save without battery. Im just saying this because when reading the thread i saw some people were having problems with saving and trying to patch your roms so.. there's a small repository of Batteryless IPS Files here: acocalypso/batteryless-patches.
Hope this helps someone.

Here's some pics i took from imgur of the reflashed board (since im a new user i cannot upload images or link directly)
/a/JNja8pv
/a/VbmW5MQ

Thanks VROdin in advance for developing that homebrew that helped me a lot! hope the information i posted here be useful to someone and sorry if i did some typos cause english is not my native language :)
Will GBATA's SRAM patcher work too?

Reactions: Marcio992

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be possible to create a tool to extract and inject savegames? I have several emulator-finished games that I would like to inject into cartridges.
You can already do that with GBABackupTool

Hello.

You need to Baterryless patch you rom before flash it on the cartridge otherwise will not save. in acocalypso github on batteryless-patches you can find some IPS Files to inject on your rom to make it Batteryless and consequently save sucessfuly.
You can inject the IPS Patch online trough Rom Patcher JS (it's attached on github topic).
I wiped my repro of the hack Pokemon Snakewood for testing purposes, but I want to flash back an updated version of Snakewood - except there's no dedicated patch for that hack. Would a patch for the base game the hack was built from (or a different hack based off the same base game) work instead?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I wiped my repro of the hack Pokemon Snakewood for testing purposes, but I want to flash back an updated version of Snakewood - except there's no dedicated patch for that hack. Would a patch for the base game the hack was built from (or a different hack based off the same base game) work instead?
It may or may not work, it depends on whether the new version of the ROMhack uses the same region of ROM which the patch uses for saving.

VROdin

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi.

Yesterday i sucessfuly flashed a Pokemon Ruby copy from Aliexpress i don't know if that information contributes on the development but.. it has a Spansion S29GL128N10TFI01 and a ISSI IS62LV1024LL-70Q chip on it i don't know wich of those is the flash memory (guess it's the Spansion one). I "replaced" the pokemon rom with a metroid fusion one though i had to patch it to save without battery. Im just saying this because when reading the thread i saw some people were having problems with saving and trying to patch your roms so.. there's a small repository of Batteryless IPS Files here: https://github.com/acocalypso/batteryless-patches
Hope this helps someone.

Here's some pics i took from imgur of the reflashed board

its so useful, thanks a lot

Reactions: Marcio992

jjsl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i meet a 0x20000 addr mistake , when i compare the rom file and the cart rewrite rom.it detect Mitsubishi .
i have 3 this cart ,and all meet this mistake ,so the cart is notwork , but i have oher cart detect Mitsubishi too ,it works well by burn2slot.
i looked for the source ,will be the method 22xx make this ?

jjsl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hi ,thanks ,its a good tools .
i meet a 0x20000 addr mistake , when i compare the rom file and the cart rewrite rom.it detect Mitsubishi .
i have 3 this cart ,and all meet this mistake ,so the cart is notwork , but i have oher cart detect Mitsubishi too ,it works well by burn2slot.
i looked for the source ,will be the method 22xx make this ?

jjsl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the ID is 002B ,and mistake at 0x2000 , compare data is difference to rom file.
nd i found it c aused by intel write method in burn2slot. how to solve it ,thanks

VROdin

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
the ID is 002B ,and mistake at 0x2000 , compare data is difference to rom file.
nd i found it c aused by intel write method in burn2slot. how to solve it ,thanks
i pull your changes, some times later add supporting fexean's changes from gbabf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse