Burn DVD DL for xbox 360 with iso compressed?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Dontwait00, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Dontwait00
    OP

Dontwait00 Advanced Online Gamer

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    Title

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Do you want a serious answer to that?

Why would you even want to anyway?

Dontwait00 likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    unless things have changed, you can't remove the padding from a 360 game if using a flashed optical drive.

4. Dontwait00
    OP

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    I created a copy of my game but i cant burn in my dvd because its too large and i burnd 5 discs without success (doesnt go over 2%). And, my burner cant overburn discs and truncate doesnt work on games later 2012. Soo if it was possible to try anyway it will be cool. Plus my burner works on dvd-rw and supports dvd dl.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    afaik, you need a special burner for gd3. @DinohScene may know the correct burner you need. xgd3 games are overburned to the max capacity I believe. if you shrink a game by removing the padding, the game will not boot. I think this is even true of an rgh/jtag since the optical drive firmware is separate and can't be modified without opening up the system and connecting the sata connector to a pc capable.

6. Dontwait00
    OP

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    Well... Never mind.
    And what can i do for my left 4 dvds? Should i try different settings? I dont use them as i just buy for the xbox games. Plus, i just have LT+?? (i didnt doet the modify so i dont knw in what fw is) should i do the RGH for just put the iso in a usb?

7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    You need a iHAS B burner or a burner with Burner Max Payload tool.
    This is true for all XGD3 games (8.5 GB discs)

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you probably have the latest lt which I think is 3.0. with 13xxx, microsoft reset the firmware of all optical drives in order to add in xgd3 support. you needed to reflash the drive post that firmware.

DinohScene likes this.
  9. Dontwait00
    OP

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    Fluck the system!

I will go for a rgh now. You have to pay more money on dvds with the burner then get x360 Ace v3 and your good for life. No need for a softmod. Fluck!

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I think you can use xkey to load them off an hdd, but I don't know anything about it.

11. Dontwait00
    OP

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    Well, if is LT-3.0 its good for me, but my discs? Should i scratch them with my fingers for getting them work with black ops 5? (I just trying to be funny but honestly i know didnt work) :D

Last edited by Dontwait00, Mar 13, 2018
  12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    well, you can play "compressed" isos with a jtag/rgh. if you use something like exiso, it will remove the padding, and they'll be bootable. I can't recall if this is the case with god (games on demand) games, but I think it is. those are retail games you download from xbox live. some games are very tiny, but xgd2 games at least, come in sizes 7.05 and 7.29. I'm not sure of the padded sizes for xgd3 games, but it must be over 8GBs.

13. Dontwait00
    OP

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    Yeah, the xdg3 comes with over 8.5gb (8.7gb)...

So... My best opportunity is for now just burn xdg2 games and wait untill comes my chips? (If works my dvd burner with xdg2 :/ bruh)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Tryied with the payload but 0% stops

14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I suppose so. I burned my xgd2 games with a regular burner. I've never burned an xgd3 game as I don't own the burner for that.

15. Dontwait00
    OP

Sep 3, 2017
    Italy
    Thank you @godreborn and @DinohScene for gettin things all clear. See you next time! (Can anybody close this thread please?)

godreborn and DinohScene like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice