Bungie say no to Steam Deck for Destiny 2

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like Bungie has decided they aren't interested in making Destiny 2 compatible with the Steam Deck..

Eda12hv.jpg

:arrow: https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/ar...ny-2-Steam-Guide#steam-deck-and-destiny-2-0-3

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Kinda lame. I heard the stadia version is running on Linux. Well I'm personally not interested in destiny 2 or any other big multiplayer game but I do hope they work in the future, just so the steam deck can reach a larger audience

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
Same thing with Genshin impact. And these 2 just happen to be my main games :/

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's actually funny how wrong their stance on Linux is. To them, Proton is an emulation of Windows services to get games running. So, they choose to not support the platform. In the same vain that they ban those who use a VM to play the game. I wonder if they really think that supporting Linux would open the floodgates for cheaters. Not like it matters, as their "anti-cheat" doesn't keep cheaters out. So...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To be fair, I can't blame them. Destiny 2 released in...what? 2017? Wait...skip that: that's October 2019 on steam.

Those who wanted to buy it on steam have already done so, so it won't attract extra customers (or at most a handful. It's not like the steam deck has a small release game line-up ;) ). And going by the proton page, it's not like you can get it to run with some fixes or tweaks either.

I'm not saying there won't ever be a means (streaming from another pc, wine/crossover/bottles shenanigans...or simply put windows on it if you're really set on it), but the proverbial two guys(1) who held off buying destiny 2 on steam because they somehow knew there'd be a linux based handheld steam controller/PC in the future really aren't going to make up for the work bungee has to put in it.

(1): I'm probably even exaggerating the numbers

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Kinda lame. I heard the stadia version is running on Linux.
As far as I know, Stadia doesn't let you temper with the game files, so they probably don't even have anti-cheat running on that version. They are probably just too lazy to make anti-cheat work on Linux.

Reactions: onibaku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: