Bungie Reveals Its "Destiny"

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Depending on the person. For me I can't play FPS with mouse and keyboard and thinks it's absolute shit.

But when they say "nobody" they don't mean literally. Majority of people who play FPS games play on consoles.
I've had friends tell me that they prefer dual-stick layout a lot and I just don't get it. I always have to turn the sensitivity up (same people commented that I play at too high sensitivity for them) for me to feel I have a decent turning speed and even then I just can't be as accurate with it. If I practiced I might get better but... bah I prefer PC. Only thing I couldn't say was nicer about PC layout was the digital movement controls but in my mind they never matter in an FPS where you will generally be pointing your direction with the mouse and holding forward.

To each their own I guess, I just had an issue with Bungie saying "nobody" wants to play Mouse+Keyboard anymore because that's just wrong.

Reactions: Wizerzak

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Mash these games together and you've got Destiny:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Halo, Elder Scrolls, Alan Wake, Tribes, Planetside.

Oh and... Seriously, good luck winning Counter-Strike with your team playing with Xbox360 controllers vs a the enemy team which use with mice and keyboard.

Reactions: Wizerzak

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That music gave me a boner. The only composer that can do that is Jeremy Soule. I'm sold on the music alone. I'm so psyched right now I can barely conta-... Never mind.

Reactions: geoflcl

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"A life of it's own" huh? That alone has me interested to see more. And after M$ screwed em, I'd like to see them succeed with this project.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how they make a reference to Reggie yet so far there's no sign of a Wii U release.
Someone in the comments pointed out that they have a chain chomp as well.

I think these are signs it's coming. If it is coming to the wii u then either they like messing with us or
Nintendo doesn't want them saying anything about their version.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
When they're talking about the keyboard and mouse thing, they don't mean it literally. What they mean is that they moved many players from PC to consoles. Halo: CE really changed what console FPS games were. I don't mean game design or storyline. It's the control setup they used. The controls alone changed what an FPS console game is and most games that followed used the same formula. As a result FPS games on consoles have become increasingly popular.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game has ugly graphics.

io8W2b0.gif

They only showed CG cinematics and concept art.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
As for the mouse and keyboard comment:

I went to the Eurogamer Expo just 5 months ago and on all games where you were given a CHOICE between an xbox controller and a keyboard and mouse (albeit nice razer ones) nearly EVERY SINGLE gamer there chose the keyboard and mouse option. Especially on shooters (crysis 3, MoH etc).

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty fucking awesome, honestly. The environments especially look really nice, mixing post-apocalyptic, space, and natural themes. I've always liked Bungie as a developer as well, so I'm sure this is going to turn out to be something amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1