Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Bungie On The Lookout For PS3 Engineers
For multi-platform game
Feature-Activision-Bungie.png

It has been known for a while now that Bungie is going multiplatform, having signed a ten-year deal with publishing giant Activision. While it is unknown at this point just what the team is working on, one thing is for sure: they need people with PlayStation 3 development experience.

As has been spotted on the company’s career page, Bungie is currently looking for a “Software Development Engineer in Test” on the PS3 platform. Now it does require a bachelor’s in Computer Science as well as a “high IQ,” so only seasoned programmers experienced in developing test cases, among other things, need apply. Obviously Bungie looks to be gearing up for a multiplatform release in the future, and the gaming world will soon get to see how this popular ex-Xbox 360-only developer performs on the PlayStation 3.[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source

DAud_IcI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
qlum said:
no PC developers?

They don't need to phrase a PC-specific query, because every current day programmer starts with PC. The two Microsoft platforms aren't that different either. That's why a lot of GfW games were released: because they are easy to port from 360 to PC.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
Pretty late news, although I'm excited to hear what they're planning.
What? It was posted yesterday, which was when the original post was posted. Unless you mean Bungie signing a contract with Activision which is not what this post is about in the first place.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kaos_XIII said:
It would be kinda awesome if they were like, screw you Micro$oft, and made a Halo game....
*thinks about it... ... ... JIZZ*

That'd be great and all...except Microsoft has the copyrights -_-;; And joy, now every Bungie game made from now on'll have subscription-based online play.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
luke_c said:
PettingZoo said:
What? It was posted yesterday, which was when the original post was posted. Unless you mean Bungie signing a contract with Activision which is not what this post is about in the first place.
Nope, Bungie has been advertising for PS3 testers in their job section for a while. I first took notice of it on their page around the time of the Reach Beta (Mayish).

C

croagunk.master

Devs have gone crazy these days...
Bungie is going to die as a successful studio soon enough..

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
luke_c said:
PettingZoo said:
Nope, Bungie has been advertising for PS3 testers in their job section for a while. I first took notice of it on their page around the time of the Reach Beta (Mayish).
Well apparently no one seems to of noticed it until now
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1