Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I will be getting two GB Doctor carts soon (finally) and was wondering if anybody knows a link to where I could download the software for this cart.

I looked at the Pocketheaven wiki but all the links are dead.

I don't know which software to use (I saw a few) or which is the best, of even how to use them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And I heard the drivers ONLY work with Windows 98? is that true? Is there any way to work it in 2000 or XP without OS simulation?

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
founds it
wink.gif

http://defaced.co.uk/bung/support/download.htm

direct: http://defaced.co.uk/bung/support/zip_file/gbxe25a.zip

you might have to simulate a 98, though. Says it also works in NT.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I search for hours at a time and find nothing but dead links. You're good.
wink.gif

Thanks a bunch. I'll try it with XP (most of my 98 driver only devices work there) otherwise I gotta simulate 98, like you said. I'll test it out soon.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
I search for hours at a time and find nothing but dead links. You're good.
wink.gif

Thanks a bunch. I'll try it with XP (most of my 98 driver only devices work there) otherwise I gotta simulate 98, like you said. I'll test it out soon.

Sure, best o luck to ya
tongue.gif

I actually google searched the exact name of this topic minus "anyone?" and found the software on the very first results page. Seriously, see for yourself
wink.gif
So it seems the only terms you DIDN'T try were the ones that would've found it
tongue.gif

But really, though, glad I could help. Enjoy your bung!

B

BryceOne

I'm sure I still have the software backed up on CD somewhere. I still have my GBXChanger and two 64MB carts.. One of the carts' battery doesn't work anymore so I only had games that didn't require it. The other cart's battery still works fine. Haven't use my xchanger in years, and now I no longer have a parallel port, so I doubt I ever will again. I'm curious if a USB-to-Parallel port work work for this device. Anyone know?

B

BryceOne

Schlupi said:
That's a great question. When I get mine I'll test it out for you.
Never thought about looking for an adapter till you made this post. Now I'm kinda interested in dusting this thing off once again.

Also if interested.. Try DGBMax:
http://classic-web.archive.org/web/2008071....com/dgbmax.php

I used it mostly because it would colorize the old mono GB games. Contributed many color sets to the .INI as well. I remember having trouble flashing it, but got around it by making the ROM and sending it to my cart using GBXTool.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
if you have the giveio.sys file and can tell me what to do with it as well as the DGBMax software, it would be much appreciated.

you basically put the giveio.sys file in the driver folder of windows, then its a matter of switching in the bios teh parallel port to data mode(forgot proper term) and then firing up the gbx tool.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Schlupi said:
if you have the giveio.sys file and can tell me what to do with it as well as the DGBMax software, it would be much appreciated.

you basically put the giveio.sys file in the driver folder of windows, then its a matter of switching in the bios teh parallel port to data mode(forgot proper term) and then firing up the gbx tool.

Ah ok. That's not too bad. Can you please include that with the other stuff you are uploading for me? Thanks.

!!! Somebody posted the link to DGBMax. How did I miss that? I guess just upload that driver giveio.sys because it's the only thing left I don't have.

EDIT: The download won't work. T_T Please include that with your upload afterall lol.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Schlupi said:

Ah ok. That's not too bad. Can you please include that with the other stuff you are uploading for me? Thanks.

yeah of course. I should really make a video tutorial shouldn't I, lol.

heres a little video series I stopped doing.

[youtube]jNn4oD53y8o[/youtube]

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd upload giveio.sys to filetrip, but I'm unsure of the legality of that.

As for the "matter of switching in the bios teh parallel port to data mode" that DD mentioned, you have go into the BIOS settings of your computer (usually something like "press *button name here* during startup") and find your printer port settings (usually called LPT1) and change it to EPP mode.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there ANY way to get the original Monochrome games in proper color? I tried out All the Mega Man games, and Mario, and they all have BIZARRE colours.
frown.gif

Should I use DGBMax first to compile the roms into a multirom and THEN write that? Because GB Tool keeps giving these bizarre colours, I think.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've always had those problems with the Megaman games and Metroid II. I just live with them, but you can try DGBMax and see what's what. I'd be interested to hear the result.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I...