Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I come today to ask the question of... ARE Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal supposed to be able to work on the Bung GB Doctor? The cart (and others on the internet) say that RTC works for the cart, but for some reason mine won't progress the clock. Whatever I program it to it stays the same. Harvest Moon, however, works perfectly with the RTC so I know the cart is still good!

If there's a specific patch, rom writer, or anything please let me know! This issue has been killing me for months. Any help would be appreciated.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just out of interest cause I wanna sort mine out... I couldnt quite get it working on the PC I used..

Are you using a recent windows version, could you advise me what you think is best to use now as far as software to manage the carts plus any software needed to get parallel port comms working both ways?

Previously used with my little brothers older PC until it broke.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Just out of interest cause I wanna sort mine out... I couldnt quite get it working on the PC I used..

Are you using a recent windows version, could you advise me what you think is best to use now as far as software to manage the carts plus any software needed to get parallel port comms working both ways?

Previously used with my little brothers older PC until it broke.

I use DGBMax and GBXTool to transfer roms. They both work with the GB Doctors I have used. You HAVE to use Windows XP or lower; 7 won't work. You can use VirtualBox to set up a virtual PC of Windows XP on 7, and work with your GBA carts on you Windows 7. How_do_I_do_that has a tutorial somewhere in the other handheld section. If you need help Ill gladly help, I figured to out a while ago with his/her help. =P

Still haven't tried that method, FIX, but Ill try it as soon as I have access to my XP machine.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Schlupi...

I have tried xp only but on the laptop i used after brothers pc broke was weird...
I couldnt write onto my cart, I could read the cart and delete everything though, i managed that fine :(
Figured it was hardware related, the parallel port not supporting bi-direction transfer properly.

I'm gonna give it a go on another pc then this weekend, thanks for your help mate.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Schlupi...

I have tried xp only but on the laptop i used after brothers pc broke was weird...
I couldnt write onto my cart, I could read the cart and delete everything though, i managed that fine :(
Figured it was hardware related, the parallel port not supporting bi-direction transfer properly.

I'm gonna give it a go on another pc then this weekend, thanks for your help mate.

No problem. Just tell me how things go when you try it out. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr