Bunch of question: Emunand, Updates, Downgrades

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by JustKasto, Jun 6, 2019.

1. JustKasto
    OP

JustKasto Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2015
    Hello everyone! Im thinking about updating my NS and i have some question. I hope you can help me.
    First, let me explain my case:

I have an exploitable Switch with fuse-gelee in OFW 6.2.0 and atmosphere 0.8.3 (With Kosmos). I have a clean full NAND Backup from 6.2.0 (rawnand, boot0 and boot1, emm sys and my keys). So, here are my questions:

1- Ive read that probably on the next update of atmosphere the emunand will be released. On the other hand, i would like to update my Switch to play latest games that had been released. So, my question is: Would you recommend me to update right now to the 8.0.0 OFW and when the emunand is released(if it is) downgrade to 6.2.0? Or should i stay at 6.2.0 and when the emunand is released "downgrade" to my 6.2.0 clean nand? I know that in both cases i have to downgrade, but in the first one there are more risk to fuck it up (maybe burning fuses or something like that)

2- Talking about fuses, is there any way to check how many fuses do i have burnt?

3- I have a question about my keys. Does they work on the 8.0.0 update or should i get them again when i get the 8.0.0 fw?

4- Im thinking on buying a new SD card with 256 gb and start installing game there (without copying the games from the old sd card). So, should i just copy the kosmos updated files on it? or I have to do something else?(like installing again any files...)

5- My last question is about the update. To update the switch without burning fuses i have to do it with choijdujour isnt it? And for installing the latest update of kosmos i just have to copy the files to the SD card root, am i right?

I think that is all. I know that some question may have been answered several times, but i would like to be 100% sure.
    Thank you so much for your help!

2. Osga21

Osga21 Full Time Idiot

Jun 9, 2013
    Portugal
    Margem Sul
    1. If you update using ChoiDujourNX you can update to the latest firmware without blowing fuses as long as you keep AutoRCM on. No real point on being on 6.2 or 8.0 AFAIK, the recommended firmware is 7.0.1 and it's what I've been using, no issues so far.

2. Yes, if you use Hekate as your payload then there is an option under tools "Print Fuse Count" or something along those lines, it'll show you on screen how many fuses are burned.

3. Don't know the answer to this one, sry.

4. Don't really understand this question 100% but if you just copy the files to a new SD card the switch will boot up to CFW like it always did. You can make an image of your sdcard if you want or just copy the files from the old card to the new one.

5. Yes to both.

JustKasto likes this.
  3. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    yes @Osga21 but i will help you

3. half and half.
    some system keys will be the same but for example the decryption NSP keys will be different.
    its recommended to save every keydump and dump them again too

JustKasto likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted