1. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Here are my designs for business card style Amiibo cards.
    Here is all of the cards as of 11/9/2017.

The BOTW set has some alternate cards with a lighter background. I found from my initial printing it was far too dark and looked much better lighter. There are also some wider cards which are meant to be used for having a bleed area when printing. There is another LOZ set which has the regular LOZ logo more consistent with the packaging.

Every set has a bleed border which you can place a card on top in a template to get a better print without white edges. The NFC Back card has a 25mm white space which fits the 25mm NFC tags great.

Last edited by sekazi, Nov 10, 2017
    liiasega likes this.
  2. NicholasCullihal

NicholasCullihal GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I love these! Any chance you could release these as high quality images for hobbyists lime myself?

3. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Why not use the actual artwork instead of the amiibo models?

Aroth likes this.
  4. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Very cool but I would make the model image way larger to make it more striking.

Last edited by KiiWii, Mar 28, 2017
  5. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What parts do you need? I can get them tonight when I get home.

Artwork is nice but most of what I found does not fit the ultra narrow profile of a buisness card. I am still looking at some things others have made but not decided yet. Plus I like the look of the Amiibos themselves which is why I used them instead.

I probably could make them bigger. I will take a look at all of the Amiibos to see what I can do. I am trying to stay consistent on the base size but know it will be unavoidable with some like the Guardian. I went the easy route on these because the stock photos are all constant in width.

KiiWii likes this.
  6. shane9b3

shane9b3 Member
    Newcomer

Canada

7. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Here are the card backgrounds.
    http://imgur.com/a/SpZBK
    The SSB one was found on the Amiibo reddit. The swirl one was from the Nintendo Website that no longer exists and the Triforce one was made from scratch.

I initially got my Amiibo images from http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up but found out that http://videogames-fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Amiibo has higher resolution photos of the shot. I am not sure where they got them from the Nintendo website. They also have all of the logos.

8. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If anybody is actually interested in these please let me know where I can host 280 MB of images easily. Below are examples of the following series I have completed. I have done every Amiibo I could find for each of these series. There are 5 series I am still working on.

[​IMG]

Super Smash Bros. series - 57 Amiibos
    [​IMG]

Super Mario series - 15 Amiibos
    [​IMG]

Splatoon series - 8 Amiibos
    [​IMG]

Kirby series - 4 Amiibos
    [​IMG]

Yoshi's Woolly World series - 5 Amiibos
    [​IMG]

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess series - 1 Amiibo
    [​IMG]

30th Anniversary - The Legend of Zelda series - 4 Amiibos
    [​IMG]

The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild series - 5 Amiibos
    [​IMG]

I still need to complete
    30th Anniversary - Mario series
    Animal Crossing series
    Chibi-Robo series
    Shovel Knight series
    Skylanders SuperChargers series

I know there are some Japanese sets also.

9. Dank1826

Dank1826 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Could u please get me access to all zelda related cards? Awesome job

10. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
    I'd rather go for the artworks but this is looking nice! good work! I would like to have like this too XD

11. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I came across ultra high resolution photos of the Amiibos on the Japanese website and have redone all of my cards. I had to go JPG in order to make it somewhat reasonable to upload. The Amiibos are also larger in the card now too. In fact I did not resize the Amiibo picture at all. I included the newly announced cards too.
    http://imgur.com/a/XuYCj

Since I am remaking all of my cards I already made I am doing a new back which will have a place for the NFC sticker. I am not going to double up the cards in my thermal pouches as even with 20 cards the stack gets huge. I can half the stack with just one card per pouch.

Last edited by sekazi, Apr 14, 2017
  12. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    After messing with different templates then moving to my own template I decided it is impossible to get my printer to print perfectly into the card. I redid all of my borders since I never saved the settings before and created new bleed templates. I previously used the Avery 8871 Clean Edge cards but was not satisfied with the prints. I am now using Avery 8859 Glossy Clean Edge cards and the prints are so much better. This time around since I am not going to double up the cards I made a place for the sticker on the back. The stickers from AliExpress say they are 25mm but will not know for sure until I get them. I also have redone the back to be more similar to the real Amiibo cards. Anyways here is a comparison of my old cards and new.
    As you can see I will not have a white edge problem anymore and also even though the back is not glossy it still prints to much better than the old 8871 cards.

13. AustinTheBui

AustinTheBui Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Could you link all the smash bros. Related amiibo? Please, these are sick!

14. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The back of the card has changed since those photos. I have since finalized my design and printed all of the cards. Here is a screenshot of the folder.
    There are two backs. The NFC back has a 25mm circle which fits the 25mm NFC tags perfectly. The bleed file is for adding more border when printing. You overlay the card in the center of it. I found that when I tried to print to my sheets I ended up having to do this to prevent white borders. It also made me waste 4 cards per sheet.

You can download the images here.

anton pieter likes this.
  15. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I updated the first post with download links to all of the cards.

Gamiibo likes this.
  16. Gamiibo

Gamiibo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Great work! I tried the link on the top but all are broken except for https://imgur.com/a/XuYCj Do you have an updated one?

17. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I did not realize the Mega links were broken. I fixed all the links in the first post.

18. AustinTheBui

AustinTheBui Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Quick question what scale do you print these in? Also what kind of card sleeves did you use

19. sekazi

OP sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    They are 600dpi so when printed at that it will be 2"x3.5". I did not use sleeves. They are laminated using these.

20. skydancer93

skydancer93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How do you print these? I'm going to be using photo paper glued to game cards that I found on Amazon

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Buisness, Amiibo, Sized