Hardware Building a new Gaming PC/Editing PC

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone on gbatemp.

I am going to be building a Gaming pc/ Video editing pc soon(in a month or so).
My budget is about $1500 to $2000(i could go $500 more if i have to but would rather not).

I would like to get a hi end intel 4 core processor with turbo boost or 6 core processor with turbo boost(if that exist's) up to $500, I also would like to have at lease 24GB of ram but would like 32GB or more, i would like to have a big enough case to make it water cooled, leds with on/off and other things.

I want at least 6TB of HDD space, i curently have a 1TB in the pc i am using now but that's basicly full,(lots of movies, music and about 500GB of anime.

the keyboard or mouse does not matter i am going to use my current one's and i will be using my 24" tv as the monitor for now.

Just to let you guys know i am not asking you guy to do all the work for me in picking the parts i would just like to know my options

I have built lower end PC, in the past, for things like listening to music, watching movies or stuff like office(for my school or friends) but i never real built one for myself

So thanks for any help

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I got this. I'll update with the build in a sec.

EDIT:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($138.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($231.56 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($184.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($114.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($114.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card ($459.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom 630 (Matte Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($161.58 @ TigerDirect)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($55.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.88 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1906.94
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-15 17:00 EDT-0400)

The 4770k gives an effective 8 threads, you can run the RAM in dual channel for every two sticks, the PSU is made by one of the best manufacturers of them, I got a blu-ray writer because editing can sometimes involve burning shit onto them, the case has superb airflow and should have enough room, the EVO SSD is one of the best on the market, Home Premium only supports up to 16GB and Ultimate is expensive, the GPU has one of the best coolers and a good amount of vRAM for higher resolutions if you ever need it, the HDDs are decent from my experience and should be formatted with exFAT, I assumed that you were going with a custom watercooling loop, and that's about it.

D

Dork

I also would like to have at lease 24GB of ram but would like 32GB or more

Woah, what? 16GB of ram is more than enough for gaming and video editing, don't invest in all that memory that will most likely never be used. I would cut off on ram and invest in a video card. With your budget, I recommend two Nvidia GTX 760 SLI cards.

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woah, what? 16GB of ram is more than enough for gaming and video editing, don't invest in all that memory that will most likely never be used. I would cut off on ram and invest in a video card. With your budget, I recommend two Nvidia GTX 760 SLI cards.

actually i am going to use it for gaming, video editing and heavy 3d modeling so i need the ram, i burnt 16GB of ram(and some other things) in one of my schools editing pc's, i glad that i did not had to pay for the replacement parts

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Check my updated post up top.
thanks i think i will get most of those part if not all of them, but i might add another 3TB HDD instead of the Windows install dvd, I have my windows 7 64bit ultimate dvd that i bought when it came out, and i am thinks that $200 to $300 is more then enough to buy the water cooling parts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x058JFZrlhU&pp=ygUMREJaIGFicmlkZ2Vk