Gaming building a computer

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The three hundred case comes with a 140mm blow hole top fan and a 120mm rear exhaust fan that both have a speed switch (leaving on low would be fine), so you won't need any extra fans with that setup. You've got to be careful with getting extra fans because you can easily get a very loud one.

You could get a cheaper non gaming case too, I just gave that one as an idea because it is what I have and I'm happy with it. There are some potential problems that you might run into with the three hundred case is that its a bottom mounted psu case so you've got to be sure that you've got a power supply with long enough cables to reach everything. Also it doesn't have room for any 3.5 inch bays like a floppy drive or card reader and it has no system speaker (no beeps on boot up).

With that kind of graphics card then a 450w psu is probably overkill. The E7200 is extremely low wattage, too. The 380w earthwatts psu that was mentioned is probably a good choice. My guesstimate is that it would use 200-250W on load but then you factor in the efficiency and degradation, and you get around 380w. Both are quality though.

For vista you may want to consider 2x2gb ram, although she could get by on 2x1gb. Maybe get a cheaper case like the one you mentioned before and spend the saved money on more ram. Theres not much choice on that website but just try to get at least 667mhz with CL5. If you can get 800mhz with CL4 then thats even better, but there probably wont be much difference with the e7200. OCZ, corsair, gskill are some good brands.

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Those look good to me
smile.gif

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry to double post but im ordering the computer very soonish(like today or 2moz)
i have £30ish and wanted to know if i could get a better gfx card than my old x1300 pro,

i would prefer to order from www.ebuyer.com
or
here which have a cheap range of gfx cards
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/3-/191835/2-/Pr...e40pc&dpr=0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.