Build quality of Sky3DS, and how good is its support?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ichigo1000, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    To the people who have Sky3DS.

1. How is the build quality?
    2. How is the build quality of the blue button?
    3. Is it possible that the Sky3DS may be blocked in the future?
    4. If it does get blocked, is it game over? I heard from people because of how Sky3DS works, you cannot patch/update the Sky3DS to work on newer firmwares if blocked.
    5. Does Sky3DS have warranty support, or any type of support?
    6. What exactly differs between the new Sky3DS and the old version, since the old game limit can be removed?
    7. Does Sky3DS work on all games? Will it work on future games?
    8. Best, cheapest, and safest place to buy a Sky3DS? (Especially with warranty support)

I emailed Sky3DS about some information about it, and it seems like I'm getting no response, which makes me feel uneasy on how good their customer support is.

2. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    1. Good
    2. Good
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. Game scrolling bug
    7. Yes unless they need a firmware update that isnt supported

Margen67 likes this.
  3. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    1. Good
    2. Good
    3. Yup
    4. Dunno
    5. Doubt it
    6. General Ease of Use. Otherwise Nothing.
    7. So far so good. And seems like it will as long as SkY3DS updates their templates.
    8. The nice guy i got it from on here. Though people seem to like PeachDS in the states lately.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

thaikhoa likes this.
  5. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    1. Overall build is better than GW.
    2. It's good so far.
    3. You'd contact Nintendo for further information.
    4. Yes, the game will be over.
    5. In case your Sky3DS get D.O.A or damage while shipping contact your retailer for replacement. Sky3DS team does make for your own dump template, email them following the instruction on their website.
    6. The main difference is the limit in storing games. The old one got patched to bypass 10 games limited. It has scrolling bug so you need to convert game's save-type to CARD2/ EEPROM NO. Some games won't work. If you got that bug mean you're probably having red-button card even it's in blue.
    7. 31 game limit of storing. All games in their supported template will run just fine. For other games, NO.
    8. Google :D

6. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    for number 8, its not really basic questions. I asked some questions that only they would really know. They wouldn't have an "inquiry" email if its for nothing right?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is there some sort of 30 day warranty atleast for any defects? Say, your card stops working in a week of normal use, or is just dead upon arrival.

7. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    I got my copy in Australia so that's why I put a smiley face there. For the cheapest one why don't you go to Sky3DS's website and look into their retailer list?

mech likes this.
  8. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    That information is freely available on the internet already (especially on this forum). They ain't got time to answer to you, pleb.

"8. Best, cheapest, and safest place to buy a Sky3DS?"

You wanna have your cake and eat it too, huh? Yeah, good luck with that.

9. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006

10. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Best, cheapest, safest. Wow...

That information will vary depending on who you purchase it from.

11. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    The build quality of my blue button sky card is on par maybe even better build then gateways

12. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    You are not welcomed in my thread if you have nothing helpful to say. Also, good hearted people unlike you, have already answered my questions.

Sky3DS has no time to answer questions? Please define INQUIRY@sky3ds.com
    Not mentioning, if they DID care about their customers, they would help out either way.

13. gbatempnoob

gbatempnoob Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    1. How is the build quality?
    overall, i think its good. i do wish the microsd card is loaded on the side of the card as i feel like it may fall off as i carry around my 3DS

2. How is the build quality of the blue button?
    seems fine to me. it does wobble slightly but it doesnt bother me

3. Is it possible that the Sky3DS may be blocked in the future?
    not sure

4. If it does get blocked, is it game over? I heard from people because of how Sky3DS works, you cannot patch/update the Sky3DS to work on newer firmwares if blocked.
    no idea

5. Does Sky3DS have warranty support, or any type of support?
    i believe they do

8. Best, cheapest, and safest place to buy a Sky3DS? (Especially with warranty support)
    i bought mine from peachds.com after doing research on my own. they have good feedback on the forums.

one thing i will say about the sky3ds is that the blue button placement annoys the crap out of me. when i play games, i accidentally push the button as my pinky is placed under the 3DS to support the weight and my progress is all gone as the game restarts. its really annoying.

14. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

That would be the problem of your n3ds, the place the card at the bottom of the console and not at the top like in the previous system.

15. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    tbh just from the amount of "my sky3DS doesn't work/work anymore" threads either sky3ds has sold a hell of a lot more cards than gateway and defect rates are similar or sky3DS's build quality is a bit dodgy.....not terrible, seems more like a QC issue lots of DOA cards