Buick Century to Honda Civic.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Phillyman, Aug 28, 2008.

Aug 28, 2008
  1. Phillyman
    OP

Member Phillyman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I might be ready to buy my first new car.......let me take you over the history of my cars

1992 Dodge Spirit

This was my first car, it lasted me for a few years and then something in the engine went.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:89...odge_Spirit.jpg

1989 Ford Taurus

This was my next car, would probably still be driving it if some stupid ass woman didnt think I was going to blow through a red light at the bottom of a hill on a rainy day. She hit me so hard she bent my spare tire and her antifreeze was all over the back of my car.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:89...Ford_Taurus.jpg

1998 Buick Century

This is my current car, other then sucking around $400 bucks out of my pocket each year for repairs, it gets the job done. Although now more and more problems are cropping up. Here are the current problems.
    • Power Window behind driver seat doesn't work
    • Car runs hot, Within 10 minutes of driving the temp reaches the 50% mark, if I sit in traffic it makes it to the 65% mark
    • Lots of gunk in the radiator/antifreeze container, Jiffy lube says I have rust in there (uses that DexCool shit)
    • Air Conditioner sometimes works good, sometimes bad
    • Car Gets 20 MPG, I fill up a 14 Gallon tank and get 280 miles out of it
    • Radio is acting up, Sometimes I cant get a single station in tune
    • Breaks squeal and also they grind even though I had the breaks and rotors replaced a year ago
    • If I have the window down, and I have my hand resting on the door, I can usually feel the heat coming off the engine
    • Tires are getting to the point of needing replacing
    • Sometimes the car is more responsive when pushing the gas, same with the breaks
    • When I cut the car on in the morning, the lights in the cabin come on gradually, Think my battery is going
    • Car has 98,000 miles on it

I think that about raps it up, anyways I will probably be lucky to trade it in for $1000-$1500. My girlfriends brother works for a Honda Dealership, so I know I will be getting the best deal on a new Civic. I want to go with the Civic LX in Atomic Blue Metallic. Problem being is that I only have 2 store credit cards to my name (Bestbuy and Marlo Furniture). I ran my credit check through Experian the other night and it came back in the mid 700's. But I don't have a "Real Credit Card" to my name. I am looking to keep my payments between $300-$345 per month, and I already know that my insurance will jump up $50 for having a new car. Hopefully I can qualify on my own without having to have her cosign.

Buick Century 1998

[​IMG]

Honda Civic LX 2008

[​IMG]