Bugs in emuNAND games under USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Elliander, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Elliander
    OP

Elliander GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2011
    United States
    Illinois
    I am using a 128 GB SD card with the Wii U and an EmuNAND within the "nand" folder on the SD card. All of my Wiiware games load up and play perfectly so far (from within USB Loader GX), even the ones that didn't really work in the Wii, but I noticed two fairly serious bugs.

1.) If I press the home button on the Wiimote and select "restart software" the screen goes black and the console freezes. It sits like that for a few minutes, and even holding the power button on the console doesn't work. The only work around is to physically pull the power cord out of the back of the Wii U. Very serious problem.

2.) So far the DLC isn't working on my games. I know that within USB Loader GX the DLC never seemed to work right for me to begin with though even on the Wii, so I'm not sure if this will be fixed or not, but going into any DLC menus at all (such as to buy new DLC) results in the console freezing (music still plays, picture frozen) which requires me to unplug the console since the power buttons don't work.

If another loader works better for an EmuNAND games in vWii I'd like some suggestions. I have over 100 GB free space on the SD card.

2. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    USB Loaders sometimes have problems going back to the Wii menu, most people set up USB loader to go back to the USB Loader GX menu using home. It generally fixes the black screen problem.