Bug found with Pokemon running on Acekard and Wifi Connection?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Chiisuchianu, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Chiisuchianu
    OP

Newcomer Chiisuchianu Advanced Member

United States
    Hardware and Software: DS Lite, Acekard 2.1, AKAIO 1.8.6a, Pokemon_White_UNCRACKED_USA_NDS-PoleSmokers

Nintendo WiFi Connection Setup can join and connect to my Network just fine. But when I am in the Pokemon game itself, it does not connect. Looking at my friend code, for example, says to join Nintendo Wifi Connection even though I already set it up properly and the Wireless signal icon is green with full bars.

Maybe this has to do with my ROM settings. I had to disable "Bypass Antipiracy" setting to get the game working.

I also found a solution for anyone experiencing the same problem: Go to Mystery Gift when you first start the game and it will configure everything for you. Now you will be able to connect and see your Friend Code in the actual game. I'm still testing to see if everything else works, because I am at the beginning.

2. Supreme Dirt

Member Supreme Dirt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If you're trying to connect to the Global Union/Link, it's down until the 30th.

3. Chiisuchianu
    OP

Newcomer Chiisuchianu Advanced Member

United States
    Nope, was trying to just get online at all within the game. Finally got it with this workaround and was able to get my friend code and start battling random people.

4. Kurossaki652

Member Kurossaki652 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the help with the mystery gift thing
    I can finally go online... This also happened to me

5. SuperTrever

Member SuperTrever GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's been stuck on the "Searching for your opponent..." screen for me for like 5 minutes. [​IMG]