Bubsy gets yet another chance in new game called Bubsy: Paws on Fire

If you thought 90s platformer mascots were done trying to revive themselves with 2017's Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back, then don't worry, because apparently that sold well enough to warrant another new entry. Accolade is bringing Bubsy out again for a new title called Bubsy: Paws on Fire, which will be gracing the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC next year. From what we see in the newly uploaded trailer, the BIT.TRIP.RUNNER team are developing this game, which appears to be a 2.5D auto-running platformer that has you playing as four different characters from deep Bubsy lore and history, which all have different gameplay elements.

About

Bubsy: Paws on Fire! marks Choice Provisions’ first foray into the highly competitive world of bobcat-based video games. It’s also set to be Bubsy’s biggest adventure yet, with features such as:

Key Features

• Four playable characters, each with their own unique mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality!
  • An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
  • Over 100 levels set across three different worlds!
  • Three boss battles!
  • A unique combo system and set of leaderboards for every character!
  • A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
  • Unique character dialog for every level!
  • A variety of collectible types, ensuring maximum replayability!
  • The return of Oinker, Terri, Terry, and many other characters from previous Bubsy incarnations! We’ve even included Virgil Reality from the Bubsy pilot–we dug deep!
Bubsy Reacts…

When I told my agent I wanted my next game to be my best yet, he reminded me I was no longer his client and had his number changed. Luckily the suc-… er, developers at Choice Provisions still agreed to partner up with me. It’s amazing what a couple of sharpened claws can get you in this world!

Choice Provisions Reacts…

After some productive meetings and even more productive threats we agreed to work with Bubsy on creating an auto-runner worthy of his stature. And when that was done we scrapped it and made a good game instead.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think it's an autorunner, they clearly say '' and even more productive threats we agreed to work with Bubsy on creating an auto-runner worthy of his stature. And when that was done we scrapped it and made a good game instead.'' How is everyone missing that part where they said '' we scrapped it''. Yeah it does look like one but i don't know

Last edited by kumikochan,

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, what is today again?

I summon the Feline-Commanding Assassin, Minette Napkatti to the field in Attack Mode. And since Minette Napkatti was successfully summoned, her loyal pet, Bismarck the Ferocious Lion, also takes to the field in Attack Mode. And that ends my turn.

Your move, Bubsy.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, what is today again?

I summon the Feline-Commanding Assassin, Minette Napkatti to the field in Attack Mode. And since Minette Napkatti was successfully summoned, her loyal pet, Bismarck the Ferocious Lion, also takes to the field in Attack Mode. And that ends my turn.

Your move, Bubsy.

I wholeheartedly appreciate this Bravely Second reference.

HEADBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Gaijin Games actually helped develop this, it might have a decent chance of it being somewhat good. I know Gaijin Games made phenomenal games over the last decade, but this is Bubsy, and SOMETHING is going to go wrong.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're a terrible human being.
You're right, I am paw-sitively terrible! How could I have forgotten Bubsy's signature cat-tastic line, "what could paw-sibbly go wrong?", in my original post! Thanks for pointing that out, fur-real. Yeah I probably need help with all these cat puns I'm making tbh

Reactions: VitaType

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahahahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!! oooHHHHHHH bOY!. let me get a few things off my chest.
i hope the fire is not to hot because its time for me to roast ya bubsy
busy: paws on fire? i better see his paws on fire for sure.
i hope this bobcat gets the frying pan when im done with him.
i bet ya hes down under lava getting cooked
is it hot enough yet or do i need to put ya in the furnace bubsy.
bubsy you better get on the dance floor because your gonna burn baby burn in my disco inferno.

D

Deleted-379826

Why an auto-runner, it would be nice if it turns out good though, sadly, not looking much different from the last.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought the latest bubsy and i have not played it and still sits on my PS4...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse