BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) corrupts hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by gifi4, Aug 21, 2010.

Aug 21, 2010
  1. gifi4
    OP

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    This happened a long time ago but I thought I'd mention it here, well I used to play all sorts of MMO's(windows XP professional) and it turns out I had a massive virus on my computer and it had infected one of my MMO's so everytime I ran it, I would get a blue screen saying "Dumping Physical Memory" and it started at 0% and went to 100% I never let it go to 100% I just kept powering down my computer and then 1 time I let it go to 100% and the computer restarted and it didn't even make it to windows, it just came up with a message, something like "Unable to run system" and I realized that the "dump" fucking deleted everything on my hard drive, I lost everything, had to reformat the whole computer, then my parents didn't let me play any MMO's cause they thought the game was a virus (it's not cause I have it installed now and it works.) lol was really pissed off!

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    ...Maybe this belongs in the blogs?

3. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Hahaha, oh man. Me and you both; I remember the last few times a virus corrupted my computer. I mean it was annoying as shit. One of the times I was talking to a person on I'M and yes I was very naive! That person sended me emails contining viruses that fucked up the compy a new A-hole! I never realize the word pwn'd back then but that's how I felt.

The other few times it was because of a bad computer business (Gateway, anyone) those computers were so badly designed that it costs you MORE money to take them to an computer expert then it is to build another one.

4. gifi4
    OP

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Lol yea, xD cheaper to build another one than to get it fixed lol!! sick of viruses, why the fuck do people make them anyway??? honestly, it's just like a miniature terrorist attack on your computer instead of the world.

5. TeenDev

Member TeenDev GBAtemp's Original Hipster

United States
    I love how parents are always like "VIRUSES??? It must be those games you play". There is a perfect image for this but I can't find it.