Gaming Brutally ripping apart my bricked ds lite

D

Deleted User

You could have used it as a sexy Nintendo themed paperweight! Until reading this thread I didn't know the DS had any sort of custom firmware available.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It was bricked from a failed FlashMe installation years ago. I didn't have a use for it.
sell it for parts, for 5 bucks?
anyway, when i thought i did brick mine i collected some info and material how to flash the ds back...
i have some docs and files that i saved, i remember i needed a LPT port.. didn't actually tried because the problem ended up to being a blown fuse on the ds lite.. but i think you could recover it from the brick...
but ho well

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
:c
come on, you could get a money selling the parts/ it bricked in one piece for someone that had a working board but damaged stuff ...

they sell it here for more than an used working one value :/
I miss my dslite OTL

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
:c
come on, you could get a money selling the parts/ it bricked in one piece for someone that had a working board but damaged stuff ...

they sell it here for more than an used working one value :/
I miss my dslite OTL
yeah the shell for example was in good condition.. i would love to swap my grey for a black one...

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah the shell for example was in good condition.. i would love to swap my grey for a black one...
right??? if had a working motherboard I would like to save a buddy's DS that is sitting in my home for ages :x
upload_2017-6-10_10-19-5.png

well, this explains a lot /flee

Reactions: sarkwalvein

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
right??? if had a working motherboard I would like to save a buddy's DS that is sitting in my home for ages :x
View attachment 89596
well, this explains a lot /flee
let's not judge or point stuff lol...

heh, he bricked it, the motherboard was no use.. i mean.. the trouble of removing the flash chip (or whatever the ds uses) and swaping to another is too much to worth it.. and like i said before, you could probably flash it again to restore the firmware..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

At least the dude on youtube makes money microwaving his electronics and calling it "Art".
or thoose guys who are the first to buy a new product and then smash it in the street for "lulz"
but heh... it's their money and their product, we have no saying about it, we live in "free" countries right?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
et's not judge or point stuff lol...
just kidding XD

heh, he bricked it, the motherboard was no use.. i mean.. the trouble of removing the flash chip (or whatever the ds uses) and swaping to another is too much to worth it.. and like i said before, you could probably flash it again to restore the firmware..
yeah I agree (I know I could not fix m buddy's DS but that he could fix this ...)

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some therapists consider that "Smashing therapy", from all sobjects' clinic reports, Smashing things really help people to get all their anger and frustration out :) the more expensive, the more relief you got!

Where are ur 3ds, switch or desktop???

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some therapists consider that "Smashing therapy", from all sobjects' clinic reports, Smashing things really help people to get all their anger and frustration out :) the more expensive, the more relief you got!

Where are ur 3ds, switch or desktop???
yeah, until you realized that you lost something... True history... many times for me OTL

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is horrific. A failed flashme flash can be repaired with the help of a second ds (both will still work afterwards), so it was totally unnecessary to break it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass