Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ss_preview_Once_Upon_A_Monster_1.jpg.jpg

Tim Schafer's Double Fine Productions – maker of Costume Quest and Stacking - is creating a Kinect-enabled Sesame Street game for Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

Really.

Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster is described as an "uplifting storybook romp" and an "active, family game". It'll launch this autumn.

"In a truly original interactive experience, young players join Cookie Monster, Elmo and other Sesame Street characters as they explore a living storybook titled Once Upon a Monster," reads the excited official blurb.

"In the book, they make new zany monster friends from the Once Upon a Monster world and share in their adventures, solving problems, forging friendships and learning key life skills along the way. Parents and children literally become part of the whimsical storybook adventure by getting active together through dancing, jumping, flying and more. "

Here's what Psychonauts and Brutal Legend creator Tim Schafer had to say: "It's great to be working with Warner Bros., especially on a game like Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, which brings together so many things we all care about.

"Sesame Street had a profound effect on me, and many members of the Double Fine team, when we were children. So did videogames. Now many of us are parents and we want to share with our kids the great experiences we had, but also the completely new ones made possible by cutting-edge technology like Kinect for Xbox 360. So it's a labour of love on many levels."

In a July 2010 interview with Eurogamer, Schafer discussed Microsoft's motion-sensing Xbox 360 add-on.

"It'll work with games that were, from the ground up, conceived to be Kinect games," he said. "Not ports of existing games. That's what we haven't seen yet. All the new games that would be imagined for the Kinect."
[/p]

Source

Featuring a cameo from Jack Black!

Seriously, what the fuck. Costume Quest was kinda a kiddy game but still got pretty decent scores. I can't really see how he's gone from fucking Psychonauts and Brutal Legend to Sesame Street games.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems that the creator wasn't a bad guy. I've usually imagined creators of the games to be like the guys who play them.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DryYoshi said:
I lol'd.
Jack Black has been on iCarly (I love iCarly), but Sesame Street? Really?

Well he's not actually on here, I just made a joke since Jack Black was in Brutal Legend.

QUOTE(Hikaru @ Feb 15 2011, 11:49 PM) Well, it seems that the creator wasn't a bad guy. I've usually imagined creators of the games to be like the guys who play them.

Well Schafer's games haven't been like terribly violent outside of Brutal Legend. Psychonauts was nice and his studio also made Stacking and Costume Quest. I don't know if he's doing this as kinda a nostalgia trip to his childhood or if he's just saying that to justify making a shovelware Kinect game.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
who cares about Jack Black?

we have someone here who made FULL THROTTLE, GRIM FANDANGO, and the epic MONKEY ISLAND making..........THIS!?.......

and Full Throttle was slightly violent as the main hero's old friend get's his head smashed in by a 2X4. killing him o_o

besides that point :

What have you done Tim?

what have you DONE?

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well making a shovelware look, feel, and play good has been a real challenge for all game developers lately. To me games in general has been a real challenge for players to appreciate it.

Off-Topic: I just been looking at Marvel vs Capcom 3 on youtube and to me its nothing but an eye-candy whore from the very the start. I just personally feel most games these days are just recycling over each other.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've loved every Double-Fine game I've ever played Brutal Legend, Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest, all great games! But this? I don't even know what to think. I must admit, I'm kind of jealous that I wont be able to play it...unless I make my friends get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse