Brstm Files

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by dj4uk6cjm, Nov 27, 2012.

Nov 27, 2012

Brstm Files by dj4uk6cjm at 6:31 AM (580 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. dj4uk6cjm
    OP

Member dj4uk6cjm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How do I mute the channels (not the whole song) in brstm files? Ive tryed the brawlbox and brstm converter method and nothings working help!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    From what I'm reading they contain ADPCM data, which means waveform data and not tracker-like formats... meaning it's sort of like an MP3 in that the sound inside it is "finalized", and the only channels are left/right (stereo).

dj4uk6cjm likes this.
  3. dj4uk6cjm
    OP

Member dj4uk6cjm GBAtemp Fan

United States

Ugh I know what that means :( so what your saying is brstm files are just like mp3/wav files and are not multichanneled and are therefor not mutable like I want them to be :'( this sucks! Not what I was I hoping to hear either and thought there was someway to do this when there isn't sigh...oh well at least thats good to know, thanks for the info.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You're welcome. Most games that come on modern media (with large capacities, DVD and up) don't use tracker formats anymore due to having the space to store the finalized sound (and the finalized sound, as you guess, has been tweaked in ways the console can't do in realtime).