Hacking browserhax_fright_tx3g crashes Nintendo Switch

JackMacWindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested the browserhax exploits on my Nintendo Switch, and it seems like fright_tx3g is the only exploit that still (somewhat) works. If I run the exploit on the Switch, I get:
Code:
Error Code: 2168-0002
    An error has occurred.

Please press the POWER Button to restart the console. If you are unable to restart the console, hold the POWER Button for 12 seconds to turn the console off.

If the problem persists, refer to the Nintendo Support Website.
    support.nintendo.com/switch/error
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (X1) XAW10000242492
    (X2) 2.0.0
webkithax_removewinframe returns a black screen with blue unprintable characters.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh NO!!! this is very sad news :sad: I can see the Nintendo Switch going just the way the WiiU did or the Wii for that matter regarding software, this is really terrible news, if its going to be hacked so early on in development. Don't these people realize there just destroying a really promising console by Nintendo? all this early info coming through off hacking will just kill it off and put 3rd party developers right off from making great games like for example maybe a port off Resident Evil 7 by Capcom etc.. that's if it hasn't already.. If they hack it asap it will go the same way as the Wii did all there will be is 1st party titles and very dodgy crappy 3rd party titles from not very well known developers. Do you all remember titles like this on the Wii> "Deal or No Deal" or maybe even worse, "Major Minor’s Majestic March", yes, that's what sort of great games will be left in the end on your Nintendo Switch!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: ThunderbInazuma

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hummmmm, being able to play "backup" can kill the switch ( maybe ... )
Homebrews will not ! :)
Yes of course! we all know what "Homebrew" ends up leading the console too!!! its inevitable! Every "Homebrew" handheld/console always ends up with back up capability and that's a fact.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Alkéryn

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh NO!!! this is very sad news :sad: I can see the Nintendo Switch going just the way the WiiU did or the Wii for that matter regarding software, this is really terrible news, if its going to be hacked so early on in development. Don't these people realize there just destroying a really promising console by Nintendo? all this early info coming through off hacking will just kill it off and put 3rd party developers right off from making great games like for example maybe a port off Resident Evil 7 by Capcom etc.. that's if it hasn't already.. If they hack it asap it will go the same way as the Wii did all there will be is 1st party titles and very dodgy crappy 3rd party titles from not very well known developers. Do you all remember titles like this on the Wii> "Deal or No Deal" or maybe even worse, "Major Minor’s Majestic March", yes, that's what sort of great games will be left in the end on your Nintendo Switch!
Are you joking? The Wii U was hacked LATE. We didn't have piracy on Wii U until what, 2015?

The console won't fail because of early / easy piracy or not. The Vita was dead hard in the fucking ground WAY before hacking, which was VERY late. A console fails if it's not supported by, first and foremost, it's creator, and if there's no interest by third parties. It's the same with games themselves. A strong DRM doesn't save a game. A good game lives strong. Look at The Witcher 3, GOG day 1, super successful game.

Anyway, as people have mentioned with other crashes, since we get the error message the error is handled already, so probably useless.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hummmmm, being able to play "backup" can kill the switch ( maybe ... )
Homebrews will not ! :)
There is no way in hell that piracy would kill a console, DS sold that much even at its life end because of R4 for exemple... EVERYONE who buy a 3DS know there is "a r4" for it and search for it the instant they buy in in like more than half of the cases...

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you joking? The Wii U was hacked LATE. We didn't have piracy on Wii U until what, 2015?

The console won't fail because of early / easy piracy or not. The Vita was dead hard in the fucking ground WAY before hacking, which was VERY late. A console fails if it's not supported by, first and foremost, it's creator, and if there's no interest by third parties.

Anyway, as people have mentioned with other crashes, since we get the error message the error is handled already, so probably useless.
The WiiU was hacked asap by failoverflow team, they made a portfolio at there regular annual hacking conference to show a working hack, literally weeks into its release. Trust me, soon as developers know there is a hack whether the end user can access it or not, that's irrelevant to them, they will know about it and it will kill it off!!!

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
The WiiU was hacked asap by failoverflow team, they made a portfolio at there regular annual hacking conference to show a working hack, literally weeks into its release. trust me, soon as developers know there is a hack whether the end user can access it or not, that's irrelevant they will know about it and it will kill it off!!!
Well, as I said, in terms of public exploits and easy piracy, it was late.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no way in hell that piracy would kill a console, DS sold that much even at its life end because of R4 for exemple... EVERYONE who buy a 3DS know there is "a r4" for it and search for it the instant they buy in in like more than half of the cases...
The 3ds system took years before a proper hack by Gateway was made public. Every man & his dog tried to hack the 3ds with a flashcard, we all thought it wasn't even possible back then. The DS was no different, that took along time as well. Were looking at a possible hack for the Switch weeks into its early development stage.., its not good news especially when it gives big companies time to ponder on making ports/games etc.. for the Switch, it will stop them because they wont want to throw money in to a decent port for the Switch when they can jut use it for free through a hack! Businesses are in business to make money, not to loose so early on!

Last edited by Reecey,

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The 3ds system took years before a proper hack by Gateway was made public. Every man & his dog tried to hack the 3ds with a flashcard, we all thought it wasn't even possible back then.
Yeah i do know, but i assure you that "R4s" for DS game on 3DS sells more than you think, to "normal people" they all ask for it at some point.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 3ds system took years before a proper hack by Gateway was made public. Every man & his dog tried to hack the 3ds with a flashcard, we all thought it wasn't even possible back then. The DS was no different, that took along time as well. Were looking at a possible hack for the Switch weeks into its early development stage.., its not good news especially when it gives big companies time to ponder on making ports/games etc.. for the Switch, it will stop them because they wont want to throw money in to a decent port for the Switch when they can jut use it for free through a hack! Businesses are in business to make money, not to loose so early on!
This is absolute rubbish, no console ever has been killed through early piracy. I'll give you some examples of failed consoles, Saturn Jaguar 3DO WiiU Vita, all these consoles failed because of unit sales and consumer adoption and/or high development costs.
Console piracy accounts for a very small margin of the user base even at it's most prevalent. 3DS was hacked wide open by the time Pokemon Sun/moon came out and yet it was still one of the highest and fastest selling pokemon games ever.

psp was hacked wide open relatively early and easily and yet due to a large user base had many many more games developed for it than the Vita.

360 was hacked and yet had a massive third party support due to it's user base.

Developers will support consoles with the largest user base regardless of it's vulnerability because the users who hack their console are a minority and with system updates vulnerability is patched, with an online service hackers can be banned.

Units sold=Support and that's all there is to it. Early hacks have nothing at all to do with it.

You show me a single console with a large user base that is hacked early and has still failed to gather third party support.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The WiiU was hacked asap by failoverflow team, they made a portfolio at there regular annual hacking conference to show a working hack, literally weeks into its release. Trust me, soon as developers know there is a hack whether the end user can access it or not, that's irrelevant to them, they will know about it and it will kill it off!!!
Early life of WiiU was supported third party, we had Watchdogs, Fifa, Deus Ex, Need for speed, CoD, Mass Effect, Arkham. Hacking had nothing at all to do with third party support dropping out, unit sales had everything to do with it. The WiiU wasn't selling, right off the bat, it wasn't being adopted by consumers and so it was dropped by third party development because of it's lack of sales. That is the only reason and Failoverflow has nothing, at all, to do with it.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wouldn't care if 3. Party people jump of the Switch. None need them on the Switch if it is available to other Platforms such as PC as well. Who need R7 or such on a Switch with shitty Performance? :D

I think Hacking won't let them jump off just the bad Hardware and Sale Numbers.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

That's not how it works.
Do you work at Nintendo? lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup