Browser?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by windym, Jun 14, 2008.

1. windym
    OP

windym Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2008
    Hi guys, sorry total newb at this.

Have a DS Lite which I managed to sort with an M3 Simply for ROMS. Now I want to know if I can get a browser to work so I can access the internet. Do I need other hardware? Can I just download the ROM? Thanks for basic untechnical help. [​IMG]

2. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    You should probably post in the DS forums next time >_>

Regardless, the Opera browser only works if you have some form of RAM in slot-2. You can hack the browser rom to work with devices other than the official slot-2 RAM pack, but it won't run with just the M3 Simply.

3. windym
    OP

windym Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2008
    Thanks very much. Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I did do a search but most of the info was just double dutch!

I guess it may be easier to pay and buy the correct item from a proper shop.

Thanks again.

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    It will be just as cheap if not cheaper to get a GBA expansion pack like the EZ-Flash 3-in-1. That will let you use the browser, and it will let you play GBA games.

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Right, plus then you'd have extra slot-2 RAM in case your favorite homebrew application can make use of it (Quake, Quake II, DSLinux, NeoDS, etc).