Hacking Brought a WBFS HDD, can I?

phelen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I brought a HDD which is only viewable via WBFS, however, can I extract the ISOs and save them to my PC. Format the external HDD as NTFS and then copy the ISOs on there?.

The only reason I wish to do this is so I can use the HDD to store videos as well.

So if anyone can help me I be grateful.

Thanks

pgimps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I brought a HDD which is only viewable via WBFS, however, can I extract the ISOs and save them to my PC. Format the external HDD as NTFS and then copy the ISOs on there?.

The only reason I wish to do this is so I can use the HDD to store videos as well.

So if anyone can help me I be grateful.

Thanks
just format it as NTFS and partition the other part as WBFS

and use a wii HDD manager to do that

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can extract the games to either .WBFS .ISO or .CSO format with Wii Backup Manager as far as I know. You can't use WBFS to store other files though as the drive can only be accessed through a wbfs manager and as far as I know those don't allow you to transfer anything but Game ISO, CSO or WBFS files. You'd be better off transfering all of your games to another drive then formatting the drive either FAT32 or NTFS and then transferring them all back to that drive. FAT32 is recommended if you're going to use it for Homebrew, such as emulators, but NTFS is recommended if you need to store files that are over 4GB in size each. Homebrew doesn't support NTFS partitions so you won't be able to store your ROM collection on the drive to play from if it's NTFS.

I personally use FAT32 as the drive is soley for the Wii and no file I have is over 4GB in size, save for a couple games which Wii Backup Manager breaks into 4GB chunks and they can be played like any other game without problems. I do store video files for use with WiiMC(Wii Media Center) but the biggest movie files I have are around 1.5GB each and they are high quality.

If you need to store bigger files but still want to be able to use the drive for homebrew you can always format the drive into 2 partitions, the first partition being FAT32 and the second being NTFS, though many people don't recommend it I don't see any problem with it.

phelen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thanks, thats what I was intending to do just copy all the games to another drive then format it NTFS. However, I'm now worried as the isos are over 4GB?, so I guess FAT be OK.

Can I ask please is using WBFS manager to copy all the games to my other external HDD better or is Wii Backup manager better?.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, thats what I was intending to do just copy all the games to another drive then format it NTFS. However, I'm now worried as the isos are over 4GB?, so I guess FAT be OK.

Can I ask please is using WBFS manager to copy all the games to my other external HDD better or is Wii Backup manager better?.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Can I ask please is using WBFS manager to copy all the games to my other external HDD better or is Wii Backup manager better?
Any backup manager should work the same way, I just use Wii Backup Manager as it's what I've always used. They should all automatically split the game ISO's into 4GB wbfs chunks, you won't have any problem playing the games once they are split. It's better to store your games in wbfs format as ISO files take up more space.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
the OP should read the thread i pointed to, ive given him all he needs to know and complete his task

wbfs2fat splits all files larger than X to fit the FAT32 file size limit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the process