Brother Vs Sister 1

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by VLinh, May 9, 2011.

May 9, 2011

Brother Vs Sister 1 by VLinh at 4:44 AM (567 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. VLinh
    OP

Member VLinh GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    This might be more of a rant, but hear me out:

Me and my sister were having a little discussion/fight on why i couldn't borrow money from her, she's currently employed as a waitress, earning tips and whatnot, this will fit into the discussion. I had lend her money a couple of times and it took her six months (she was lazy, trust me, she was using the money she earned on food, etc instead of paying me back). So i thought to myself, if i were to buy a new console, maybe i can lend some money form her?

I asked her and she said no since I had enough money. Okay true that, but i want to sustain the damage to my bank, so i could work it back and pay her back on my next paycheck. She still said no. So, this time (we had many fights like this) i wanted to ask her why. She said it was pointless and im like hmmm, why? So she ended up pissed at me for no reason. Figures.

I don't get why not? Put yourself in my shoes, IF you lent someone money because of good curiosity,etc, in my case she was buying misc, they might return a favor or not of some sorts? In my case i had lent her money in which she could freely spend and i get nothing in return, no favors, nothing. I had clearly stated this reason but she called me stupid as i was not getting to the point. At this point i had already stated my point but she thinks she still won?! Im the kind of person that does lend money to people, and waiting for them to pay back, but if IM not able to do the same, then maybe its not worth lending?

Have anyone experienced a kerfuffle like this?

Thanks for hearing me out.

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Why isn't this in the blog section? You seriously were upset with her because she chose to BUY FOOD instead of pay you back? You're again upset that she won't lend you money that you don't even really need to borrow? You're also assuming she has the money to lend?

Lending money is a bad idea most of the time. If you aren't charging interest every time you lend, there is no point in lending in the first place. Asking for collateral is usually a good idea too.

3. VLinh
    OP

Member VLinh GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    It did disturbed to see her spending money instead of paying me back. I do have the money, but i like to receive help buying a big purchase, like a family member wanting help paying for something, they might have the money, but they might not be able to spend it all due to bills, etc. And the last question yes she does, if it werent for all the random food she buys, clothes, etc. (If you were to see her room, you'd be more convinced =O).

Do you charge intrest for your lends? Just curious.

I dont mean to offend you in this post, i dont want anything bad to happen =(

4. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Sorry, but I'm gonna say basic human needs (aka food and clothing) outweigh paying back a sibling, always. Assuming people have money because they have tons of stuff isn't very smart. There are tons of people in the world with tons of material possessions, and they are also swamped with debt because of it. In fact, the fact that she has a bunch of junk and needs to occasionally borrow from you should indicate she doesn't have the spare funds. I don't lend money at all. If I did, you better believe I'd be charging interest.