Bros. In Arms, I Lament Your Wasted Potential.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GeekyGuy, Aug 16, 2007.

Aug 16, 2007
  1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    No, I knew -- before getting the game -- that it only had the local, multicard multiplayer, but after having a chance to finally try it out with someone, I am so, so sad that this game didn't offer online. I finally was able to talk my wife into doing a few deathmatches -- she normally hates these kinds of games -- big surprise, eh? The first map / arena was kinda meh. It's just one big warehouse-type area, and no great places to hide. But the second, third and fourth (the fifth was better than the first, but also kinda meh) maps were awesome. I really think that 4-player online would have put MPH to shame. The sidling up to walls, hiding behind boxes and being able to snipe with some real sense of secrecy is just sweet. I'm really just so sad this game didn't make it online.

Anyone get a chance to try the multiplayer? What's your take on it?

2. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Excellent multiplayer. Its the only reason its on my cart. I love it because there is no screen looking. When you hide behind a wall in Halo 2 your mate just looks at your screen and your surprise attack is ruined. On Brothers In Arms you stalk them and then blow the crap out of them with a bazooka.

3. Wolfsclaw

Member Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    yeah it's fun, although unrealistic as hell [​IMG]

... but the new super mario bros multiplayer is still much better ^^

4. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Ah, come on, man! What could possibly be more fun than sneaking up behind someone and blasting them with a bazooka from two feet away?

[​IMG]

5. Wolfsclaw

Member Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    It's getting old after a few hours (no bots, only a few maps, very few weapons)...
    me and my mate did night watch for a local event back then and we had nothing except 2 DS's + flashcards + some ol' cookies, so what we did was we played various multiplayer DS games to outrun each other that night. Turns out brothers in arms was fun as hell, we played it for almost three hours but then we discovered Anno 1701 which covered the next three hours (untiul then it was 6AM already) and next - and imo the best - was new super mario bros, those minigames cracked us up even after 20hrs of no sleep. Oh, and yeah, we did some elite beat agents, that's fun as hell too. So basically we played the most beautifullest ds multiplayer games that night [​IMG] (no, pokemanz wasnt out yet)

6. Zalda

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark

I fully agree, this is the best DS multiplayer game IMO, and its such a damn shame it isnt online...
    I'm very disappointed that CoD DS has no online multiplayer too, another waste!