titen96

OP
Trophies
Website
www.saves.wikidot.com
XP
Country
United States
A while ago i installed startpatch, i think it was the second version for a 4.3 wii, after i chose my options it installed itself, right after i turned my wii on all i had was a black screen and the menu wouldn't show up, i remember choosing both the automatic a and the health screen option,i never found out what to do i there any way to fix it?

titen96

OP
Trophies
Website
www.saves.wikidot.com
XP
Country
United States
i used to have it but a few days before it happened my computer suddenly stopped working (it's about 9 years old if i still had it)
so i had no backup, also yes i had bootmii but it wouldnt startup either, the only thing that would work is if you put a disk in the wii it would read it but the screen would still stay black also the cables are fine and my wii remotes would respond to the wii either

JHardin1112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
titen2218 said:
i used to have it but a few days before it happened my computer suddenly stopped working (it's about 9 years old if i still had it)
so i had no backup, also yes i had bootmii but it wouldnt startup either, the only thing that would work is if you put a disk in the wii it would read it but the screen would still stay black also the cables are fine and my wii remotes would respond to the wii either

Did you have bootmii installed as boot2 or as an IOS. As XFlak asked, can you access Priiloader by holding down the reset button as you press the power button on the console? What is the serial number off the bottom, because depending on what your answers are, DeadlyFoez might be able to fix it for you.

Let us know.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If bootmii as boot2 is installed you'll be fine. You just have to get the Bootmii files back on the SD card and then you can use bootmii to load a program and reinstall the system menu.

Warning for the future: Never use startpatch. Priiloader accomplishes the same tasks and is many times safer.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
titen2218 said:
am i able to get the files bootmii generated i can't find them anywhere on the internet
The files that BootMii generated are exclusive to your Wii, which in other words is your exclusive NAND backup. It will not work on any other Wii, nor will anybody else's work on yours.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remove your sd card from the wii, remove any discs, gc controller, memory cards, etc. When you boot the wii, look for two flashes from the blue led drive light. If it flashes twice, you have boot2 bootmii, if it only flashes once you do not have boot2 bootmii.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then you should not have issue loading MMM-cb2. Your sd card should look like this-
sd:\bootmii (cboot2)
sd:\startup.elf (cboot2)
sd:\boot.dol (MMM)
Requires gc controller

Also, you can load bootmii with this-
bootmii folder NTSC
If you need pal, just edit the /bootmii/bootmii.ini

If you load bootmii you can launch HBC, either by selecting HBC or running the bootmini.elf from the hackmii 0.8 installer and exiting that installer to HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed