Broken volume slider on GBA SP

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by gm_by, Nov 28, 2016.

1. gm_by
    OP

gm_by Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Doing a shell swap on my AGS-101, tried to remove the volume switch but it broke off. What are my options? Is this salvageable, or should I just buy another SP board on ebay to steal the volume slider from?

http://imgur.com/a/eVOeN

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I doubt you could get that to join again, at least not without time and skills enough that it is probably still worth finding a replacement instead. Without looking at it I don't know what it would take to fab a new one.

I am not aware of any selling either the plastic slider or a whole assembly for it, though I tend not to need such things so I might well have missed some. A quick scan of farnell and digikey says side adjusting slide potentiometers are not something they do so good luck with finding it in electronics shops.

So yeah donor board time is probably the easiest and most cost effective way.

3. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    I had the exact same thing happen to my sp years ago. It sits in a box now. I'd go for the new motherboard. I feel your pain. It hella sucks.