Hacking BROKEN touch creen on DS Lite!!!

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My DS touch screen is broken. I cleaned it numerous times....but still it wouldn't work! If I press on the side of the sreen it clicks down and comes up. Now I gotta buy a new DS Lite!!!
cry.gif
( Now I can't get a G6 Lite)

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I called Nintendo, they said that it cost 75 dollars to repair the touch screen!!!!!

Doubting- but is it possible that you can take a touch screen from a regular DS and put it in a DS Lite?

If soo, it'd save me money!

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
The clicking touch screen is a known issue. Is it physically cracked? If it's clicking like you said, tell Nintendo that and don't act like such a pussy about it. Tell them it's a manufacturer defect and you want it replaced ASAP.

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
It is not your fault, it is called the "shifting screen". My DS had the exactly same thing, brought it back to the shop where I bought it from. Tell them that its an error happened when it was manufactured and that it started from inside. They can't see any physical damage that could have caused it.

Just to tell you more, it is one of the basic problems this device has along with the cracked hinges and bad d-pad. Everybody should check their touchscreens by very very gently pushing the screen with your knucle. If you hear a little click you should return it to nintendo once the touch screen stops working.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The clicking touch screen is a known issue. Is it physically cracked? If it's clicking like you said, tell Nintendo that and don't act like such a pussy about it. Tell them it's a manufacturer defect and you want it replaced ASAP.

Some guy got his imported navy ds lite replaced. You have a year warranty, the only thing is you'll get a white one back.

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is not your fault, it is called the "shifting screen". My DS had the exactly same thing, brought it back to the shop where I bought it from. Tell them that its an error happened when it was manufactured and that it started from inside. They can't see any physical damage that could have caused it.

Just to tell you more, it is one of the basic problems this device has along with the cracked hinges and bad d-pad. Everybody should check their touchscreens by very very gently pushing the screen with your knucle. If you hear a little click you should return it to nintendo once the touch screen stops working.

So, if it's a good screen, you will hear absolutely NOTHING when pressing on the screen? If I press near the top, nothing happens, but the middle and below, I hear a tiny sound that's hard to describe, that's probably it, right? Sigh, this + yellow screen = new DS, I suppose...I should wait to put on my Hori then...

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Just press very gently and you feel that the screen moves down a bit, is a bit elastic and when it comes up it makes a clicking sound. It can be very easily heard.

You can always remove that Hori, but try to write things in PictoChat every now and then. If you leave no trace when you start drawing from the area tha thas that sound you should get a replacement.

goretech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just press very gently and you feel that the screen moves down a bit, is a bit elastic and when it comes up it makes a clicking sound. It can be very easily heard.

You can always remove that Hori, but try to write things in PictoChat every now and then. If you leave no trace when you start drawing from the area tha thas that sound you should get a replacement.

Ok this is scary... what about D-pad making sqeeky noises? Mine is 1 week old from walmart and it sometimes makes a noise when I use it. Not sure about the screen but i was in pico and it was stop and pick back up again when messing around but perhaps I was doing it to fast. I will test soon to see.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think u guys are overreacting with the clicky touschreen. there has been only 1 occurance, probrably some of the wires got loose or something.

PineappleH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've had my dsLite for a week and it's fine. I dunno if I have the clicky screen, but I'm not gonna test it. Might break it while it's perfectly fine.

galaxykidgamma

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
to falco123, the symptom on IGN's list was for the shifting touch screen, not a non-functioning touch screen, the many people with shifting touch screens do not loose the touch screen functionality.

Also I'm interested in how to get NOA to replace a faulty imported DS as mine was from lik-sang and it has numerous problems

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've had my dsLite for a week and it's fine. I dunno if I have the clicky screen, but I'm not gonna test it. Might break it while it's perfectly fine.

I know we all treat our DSs like babies, but just pushing down a tiny bit with your thumb does NO harm, in fact you will probably do more harm playing Super Mario 64 DS than checking for a clicky screen
sleep.gif

And thanks about the difference in shifting touch screen and non functioning. Mine still has a small noise in the bottom sections of the screen when I press down.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty lost in this. So what is a shifting screen? My screens are a bit tilted, and I do hear a very subtle clicking when I push on it with my knuckle, but I think I'm kind of pushing hard on it already to make it happen.

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have this shifting screen the push has to be very gentle, just so that you feel a tiny bit of force behind it. At first my touchscreen worked out just fine but after few weeks I had to return it to the store I bought it from. Since the upper parts of my touchscreen lost the 'touch'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.