Broken speaker?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Dazimus, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Dazimus
    OP

Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2006
    Liverpool, UK
    I'm getting a feeling that my DS speaker has broken. Plugged in headphones a few days back and just tried to play audio out of the speaker now but nothing plays, but if I plug headphones in then it works fine.

Anyone experienced anything like this before? Ideas on how to fix it? I'm not sure if my DS is under warranty but I'll check when I get home.

2. DarkAura

DarkAura Offline

Aug 20, 2007
    Canada
    Over there.
    I'm guessing that you blew the speakers. [​IMG]

Try getting replacements from Nintendo or somewhere.

3. enigmaindex

enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    If it's under warranty go and take it back, and just a question how long is the DSL warranty last?

4. Dazimus
    OP

Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2006
    Liverpool, UK
    I bought my girlfriend a pink DS Lite at the end of August and managed to find the receipt for that, can't seem to find mine. I think my DS Lite is getting to about a year old.

I'm thinking I can use my girlfriends receipt to send in with my DS?

5. rhyguy

rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    you could if its the same colour, or if the reciept doesnt say which colour it is

6. Dazimus
    OP

Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2006
    Liverpool, UK
    It doesn't say what colour it is on the receipt but the stores systems might be able to cross reference the receipt ID with a pink DS. Just spoke to my girlfriend who tells me I bought my DSL just after Christmas last year so it is within warranty.

Assuming I find my receipt, can I take the DS to the shop I bought from and get an exchange from them? Or would I need to send to Nintendo?

7. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
    DS lite speakers sux ,anyway, it is not a big loss, buy yourself a good headphones and LOGITECH PlayGear Share (for putting every headphone mini jack into small hole of ds lite [​IMG] ), i guarranty it will be like 100x better experience than ds lite speakers.

8. enigmaindex

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    I dropped my DSL onto tiles and only broke the Wi-Fi. Took it in with the receipt and told them the Wi-Fi doesn't work. They gave me a new DSL straight away. So yeah. Just depends on your shop.

9. Dazimus
    OP

Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2006
    Liverpool, UK
    How long after you bought it?

10. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Do you have any idea how your speakers blew out? Just wondering.

11. Dazimus
    OP

Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2006
    Liverpool, UK
    No idea at all. My girlfriend was playing on my DS and plugged in the headphones. Since then it hadn't been used and when I turned on my DS a few days later, no sound.

I carry my DS in my backpack to work every day and I imagine I might have swung my bag about, dropped it on the floor, something like that. But then I am aware my DS is in my bag and try not to be heavy-handed. Accidents happen I suppose, but I think my DS has just been knocked and maybe a wire has came loose.

12. striding

striding Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2007
  13. Dazimus
    OP

Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2006
    Liverpool, UK
    I'm not OVERLY bothered about my speakers, if I want to listen to the sound then I'd use headphones really. It's more of an annoyance that something doesn't work hehe [​IMG]

14. enigmaindex

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    2 days.

15. Kiljaeden

Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2006
    Sydney
    Could it be that the headphone input is still registering the headphones are plugged in? Maybe try inserting your headphones a few times?

16. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    Did you or your girlfriend go over the max with Moonshell? You could've destroyed your speakers.

~Nero