Hacking Broken PS3....please help

twtcad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine gave me his PS3 (model: CECHG01). Well the reason why he gave it to me is because it got knocked of his shelf, ripped the cable out of the back & dented the front corner where the pwr button is & the word Sony. He knows I like to tinker with stuff so he said have fun, it's mine if I want it! I know nothing about PS3's as I refused to by one.....I've hacked PS1, PS2, PSP's and we also have a hacked Wii.
First I connected an HDMI cable to my tv and turned it on, wave screen came on and eventually an error came on the screen stating something like can not read hard disk. So at the moment I'm assuming the HD got damaged because of the fall.....is there a way I can bypass the internal hard drive and just use an external? I have a Seagate GoFlex Desk 500gig usb drive just sitting hear brand new that I can use on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank You....Todd

twtcad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
get a new internal 2.5 sata HDD

most 2.5 drives should work

That is what I was thinking as well, except I already had the external.....
But in any case.......after I had typed the first post I reconnected the existing hard drive after cleaning everything real good and whola.....the damn thing is working!
System Software is v3.50.........so now I need to go buy some controllers and hack this bad boy! I can not believe this thing is working..................

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The crash probably just knocked the drive connectors loose. Good luck for you, though if you're a nice guy you might wanna ask the other guy if he wants it back after the problem being something so simple, lol.

twtcad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbgtbg said:
The crash probably just knocked the drive connectors loose. Good luck for you, though if you're a nice guy you might wanna ask the other guy if he wants it back after the problem being something so simple, lol.

Yeah......I struggled w/ that as well; with my boys begging me not too......I did just that. I took it back to him and said how easy it was to fix it and tried to give it back to him. He could not believe it was so simple.....but he had already bought a new one. So he said keep it! I'm still in shock!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...