Broken NDS Classic :(

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FaSMaN, Feb 21, 2007.

Feb 21, 2007

Broken NDS Classic :( by FaSMaN at 4:20 PM (1,209 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. FaSMaN
    OP

Newcomer FaSMaN Advanced Member

South Africa
    I recently purchased a NDS Classic, when I purchased it from the person he didn't have a charger for the unit [​IMG],but I presumed that it was working fine,when I returned home and used my GBA SP charger to charge the NDS it came up with the initialization screen (the one where you have to enter the time and date and your birth day) it then powered off the machine when I completed filling in the required information,The problem is now that each time I power it up I get that screen as if the machine isn't saving the settings,or is saving them but losses them straight after rebooting [​IMG]

I did open the machine afterworlds to see if I could find the problem and if it might have a backup battery or Capasetor for the real time clock but couldn't find anything....

Any ideas what it could be?

PS Next time Ill check before purchasing [​IMG]

2. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    Pretty obvious to me.. especially when you seem to have bought it from him in person. If you know where he lives though, you could always hunt him down [​IMG]

EDIT: Typo

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    That usually happens if the battery (the big one in the back) is busted or not making connection:
    open and clean the battery connections
    to see if it is not something worse try leaving the charger in and power cycling.

4. shurf

Newcomer shurf Advanced Member

United States
    I remember reading that a battery should be replaced once every 500 charges. This could probably be the reason why.

Try getting a new battery.

5. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    get your money back.

6. KINGOFNOOBS

Member KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you have can, flash your DS.

7. FaSMaN
    OP

South Africa
    Update: Just tryed my other battery from my other DS (100% working) ,powered it on while it was connected to the charger and its still doing the same...

Whats strange is when I insert my M3 Simply it works (skips the annoying screen) but all the games have the wrong time 00:00 [​IMG]

KINGOFNOOBS do you mean flash it with flash me,because I tryed that and the machine does the same...

Decided to make a video of the problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvDEySQiHeI

8. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Does the DS have that tiny button battery to run the clock while the DS is turned off? Maybe that battery is empty or defective. When that happens, the clock doesn't work, and the system thinks you didn't set the clock yet. See if you can replace that battery.

When I bought a second-hand DS for my brother, I played multiplayer MarioKart on it with the guy who was selling it. I only wanted to see if everything worked, but ended up playing for two hours [​IMG]

9. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Anyone that usually sells you something and doesn't have the adapter, any games for you to test etc.... something dodgy is usually going on. Just a pity you bought it in person, if you'd got it from ebay you could have at least claimed money back using paypal. You could always see if nintendo will fix it for you or put up with the settings keep coming up.

10. chalupa

Member chalupa GBAtemp Fan

United States
    call nintendo 1800-255-3700

11. FaSMaN
    OP

South Africa
    Yea I got conned,but it did come with Nintendogs atleast [​IMG]

Sorry Veho allready opened it and checked "no backup battery or capacitor
    chalupa I stay in South africa and Futronic doesn't cover Nintendo any more [​IMG]

12. FaSMaN
    OP

South Africa
    Dump...

Anyone els have any other ideas what It could be?