Broken M3?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Nasedase, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Nasedase
    OP

Nasedase Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    I have an M3 real and I use the Sakura modded english firmware. Everytime I turn it on text on the screen reads,

"can not handle disk format

Disk size is too large, or
    cluster size is too small.

recovery method:
    Try to reformat the card
    with a bigger cluster size

Application terminated."

I have no idea what the cluster size is. I want to reformat it, but afterwards i want to put the same files on it, will it do the same thing? The last thing I used was ds organize and I was renaming things and moving files. Any help on how to fix this?

2. Japhle

Japhle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    You should probably Back your files up, then Reformat the card, then only restore the system file, then restore everything else, if you have a fast card and USB reader/slot it probably shouldn't take much more than twenty to thirty minutes.

3. skagamer

skagamer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2007
    United States
    DS organize is known to cause some of these cluster problems.

4. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Forman's Basement
    I had the SAME problem with my REAL and Sakura firmware. Here's what you do:
    1: Backup ALL your files on your hard drive.
    2: Format your microsd to Fat32. You could do Fat16, but I've had more success with Fat32.
    3: Copy all your files back on your microsd. Everything should work just like normal! [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice