Broken "L" Key

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GirAiD, Jun 27, 2007.

1. GirAiD
    OP

GirAiD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    LA, CA
    I have recently found the "L" Key of my DS only functions after pressing many time, and since I've had it for more then one year, there is no more warranty. I would like to know is there any way that I can fix this myself or do something about it?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Shoulder buttons are slightly dodgy on the DS it seems. One of two things happens:
    1) Dust on the button/pad interface: I do not know about you but my DS hangs around in my pocket, my bag or in front of my computer (which courtesy of all the fans is a dust magnet).
    Open and clean is the best method but requires a triwing and can be annoying to put together again although some have had luck with compressed air (air ratchet line is a good one). Undoubtedly the cause for the majority of devices and what I bet has happened here.

2) The button becomes misaligned, not unheard of but lots of play can move the tiny spot of of alignment: pulling apart is about all you can do.

3. GirAiD
    OP

GirAiD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    LA, CA
    Thank you for response. one more thing, is buying the DS screw driver the only way I can open it up?

4. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

Jul 17, 2003
    United States
    left of the pond
    yes, you will need a tri-wing screwdriver (as well as a 00 sized philips screwdriver) to open up your DS / DS lite.

the other thing to check is that the post that the L and R buttons ride on, didn't somehow "pop" out of position. (they shouldn't, but it's a possibility).

5. BakuFunn

BakuFunn Flameproof.

Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    New York
    Well, you could try blowing on it and it should work.

6. GirAiD
    OP

GirAiD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    LA, CA
    it actually worked. thx a bunch. wonder why I didnt think of doing this...

7. HelloKitty

HelloKitty GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2006
    United States
    Gaithersburg, MD
    This was so funny...! lol..
    The old Nintendo Blow trick... cures all Nintendo ailments.

8. BakuFunn

BakuFunn Flameproof.

Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    New York
    Why thanks. I solved tons of these problems with other people!
    (acually only 2 including you)