broken ezwriter or bad install?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by loss1234, Jan 19, 2007.

1. loss1234
    OP

loss1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2007
    United States
    please help
    i recently bought an EZ FLASH II powerstar and the first day it worked with the ezwriter but only if the usb cord was half-in/half-out (very close to falling out)..the green or red lights would only come on with the cord just right. well i think the usb housing is messed up..

could it just be a bad install? now it wont work even with the cable hanging out....windows keeps seeing it as a malfunctioning usb device...

so i am stuck with an expensive paper weight

thanks

anybody know if you can return stuff to the ez flash factory?
    or know where to buy a replacement ezlink?

thanks again

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I answered the question on Sosukes but for others that may be reading
    If different cables did not sort the issues I would be inclined to say at first connection was not being made: check for bent/dirty pins, if you can not return the linker then feel free to pull it apart and tinker with it.
    If that does not fix things then I would say it was a bad linker.

You can contact the EZTeam, try emailing Windirt on sales[at@]ezflash.cn to sort something out.

Jandaman is a well respected dealer (used many times by myself and several other forum members), occasionally has plain linkers in stock and is based in just outside of Seattle:
    http://www.jandaman.com/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice