Broken DS! :(

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by OmegaJ, Sep 27, 2006.

Sep 27, 2006

Broken DS! :( by OmegaJ at 11:05 AM (766 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. OmegaJ
    OP

Newcomer OmegaJ Newbie

Hi all, I've never posted on here before (and probably won't again very much - I don't really do forums), but I thought I'd warn you about hairline cracks you might find on your DS.
    I had a hairline crack just below the right shoulder button, but above the normal hinge bit - in the area shown by the red line on this pic:
    [​IMG]
    I had this small crack for quite some time (on my lovely white DS), but it never got any worse so I thought nothing of it.
    I have a soft case for my DS, so it's reasonably protected. But it's not like I've been throwing it around or anything, I take care of it. I last played it on Friday, didn't play all weekend, then opened it up yesterday. As I took out the DS, it practically fell to pieces in my hands:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, the whole corner piece, where the LEDs are, has come right out. The DS itself is still fully functional, but you can't exactly play, it's in a fairly flimsy state.

SO. This is just a quick warning. If you find a crack in a similar place, I'd recommend either getting your DS changed or taking extra special care of it. The pictures aren't great quality, but hopefully you can see what's happened.
    I'll be checking back here for a little bit so feel free to ask any questions.

2. BvG

Member BvG GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Do you have a hairline crack in the hinge near the L-button? I've heard of similar story where someon had that crack (the wellknown crack) and due to pressure the LED-cornerpiece fell out.

3. OmegaJ
    OP

Newcomer OmegaJ Newbie

Yes I do actually. So the crack on the hinge near the L button eventually caused the right-hand side to break completely? And there was me thinking the hinge cracks were just cosmetic!

4. BvG

Member BvG GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Well, I heard that when the left hinge cracks there will be more pressure on the right one causing it to crack much worse.