HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Today I dropped my DS for the first time. Ever. About 2.5 feet, from a school desk to a carpet floor. When I turned it on, the bottom screen was nearly black. all the colors are 50 (exaggerated guess) shades darker than they should be. Having modded my DS before, I wasn't afraid to rip it open and check out all the insides. I can see nothing loose, and nothing seems broken. I've found that, by applying pressure on the bottom right of the circuit board (just under the + pad) the colors slightly revert to their normal form. However, as soon I as release pressure, they all go back. any ideas on how to fix this?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you're guessing the problem is with a connection rather than the LCD being broken?

If you're putting pressure below the dpad, it's basically placing pressure on somewhere near where the LCD ribbon cable is, so maybe you should check that area out a bit more
tongue.gif

Actually I would have no idea other than replace the LCD if you haven't already ruled out the LCD itself being the problem

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
i dont think its the LCD, because putting pressure on the LCD does nothing...only pushing on the mobo does anything. and its a bit above the ribbon connector, i thought that myself, but after repeated re-insertions at different angles, i dont think its the cable anymore.

also, @admins, i know this doesnt really fit in this thread, but i don't know which it suits better...please move it if its placed incorrectly.

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You've broken the backlight?

Even on the lowest backlight, the backlight is still on. Perhaps your screen is now that of the original GBA. Which was really bad. You had to hold it at a particular angle to view the screen properly.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a simular problem.
My LCD ribbon cable got worn out and the screen changed to differnt colors before it finally went out for good.
Best thing to do is buy a new one or pay nintendo to fix it.
Me I just gave up on my ol DS :/
Never botherd to spend the extra cash for it.
If only there was a replacement ribbon cable to buy.

ZdProjects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
divineo.com has some replacements in the parts/repair(think thats what they call it) section. make sure you get the right one though

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
no, the backlight is not the problem. all the pixels are many shades darker.
Uh... actually a broken backlight would do that. The LCD pixels still show the right colours, but they look a lot darker than they should be, because the backlight behind the LCD screen that makes them look bright isn't working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...